• Hi everyone,
    I don't have a Basenji anymore since he passed over the Rainbow bridge last April. However, I will have one again…they're in my blood!!! 😃 My tri male, Pharaoh, was my baby boy. His aunt and great-grandmother, Tessa and Velvet, were my partners in crime growing up! 😉 It's been almost six months without a Basenji, and I'm going through SERIOUS Basenji withdrawl!! 😞 I'd love to adopt another one, but until I have the time for a dog again, I'm going to wait.
    It's great to meet y'all!! 🙂

• Hi Luzambo! Welcome to Basenji Forums!

We are glad to have you here and hope you enjoy our community.

• Hi Luzambo - Sounds like you are a veteran Basenji lover. Sorry about the time factor for you - been there at times. You can check into the Show Off Your Dog thread. There are some beautiful B's in there. Chime in with some of your experience or tell some funny stories. It would be appreciated I'm sure. I am new to this breed with a 9 mo old boy. Enjoy.

• Welcome Luzambo
    I'm new to this breed as well with 4 1/2 mth old boy Bandit.
    I also have a 2yr old Lowchen Alfie.
    Enjoy this website and the people who make it great.
    Angee

• Luzambo, I too had one pass last March. After that I was left with one and said once he passed, I was going to be done with dogs – too much of work and emotional strain. Yep, I was going to be free to... well, to do something. Then I found a little girl related to Brie just 2 weeks later and 6 months later I have yet another. Yes, they're a lot of work at times, but so is most everything in life. I love having them around and the house would be often boring otherwise. I'm sure Pharaoh and my Brie are hanging out in their private club looking down on us saying "what are you guys doing down there?" And with a signature like yours, I don't think you'll be waiting long. Welcome to the forum!

Suggested Topics