Skip to content

New to Miami

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Seems like every decade or so, they do similar studies with similar outcomes and yet people still want to believe a mixed breed is healthier. And what I'd like to know is WHY it isn't logic to understand that a purebred dog from generations of healthy dogs, bred for health, bred to diminish genetic disorders, is more likely to be healthy than a dog from mixed parents from people who simply let it happen with no idea of health or genetics. European studies have shown what incredible differences it makes on things like CHD and other inherited disorders when you breed clear to clear, clear to effected, etc. With their massive research I wish they would go back and separate out the well bred/tested purebreds from those without health/dna clearances.
  • 0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    eeeefarmE
    My husband and my Basenji both snore. Stereo! :)
  • New kibble, diarrhea

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    tanzaT
    @taryn121: I just switched Ripley from ProPlan to Evo yesterday, and he's had diarrhea last night and all today. I was wondering if that was normal because he had a food switch? And if it is, how long does it normally happen? I put a little plain yogurt in with his meal this morning and it seemed to help some. Is there anything else I can do? It is usually recommended that you change foods slowly… over the course of at least 2 to 3 weeks... increasing the new food with the old with each feeding.
  • New rabies virus in US

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    etzbsederE
    That is scary, and I now have to worry as I'm in AZ now.
  • New Food Concern…Please Read

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • 0 Votes
    34 Posts
    20k Views
    bellabasenjiB
    http://vetmedicine.about.com/library/viewers/uccushings.htm Viewer Viewpoint - Cushing's Disease in the dog