• Speaking of stretches, does anyone else's stretch their body upward so that it looks like a speed bump or an upside down U? LOL. It's hard to describe but Dallas will pull his front & back paws close together & push his back up. It is the cutest darn thing! That plus his AM noises melt my heart! These dogs just impress me more & mroe as each day goes by that I own one. Who wants obnoxious barking when your house can be filled with baroos, yodels, singing & oooouuuuwww-ing :p

• Sure - that's the classic Downward Dog pose – yoga masters who named that move must have had basenjis!

• HAHAHA yea Zaire does that….so does Charlie, Every morning he does his Doga. He does a downward dog stretch and then pulls himself up into a stretch that looks like the yoga position "Proud Warrior" it is the cutest thing. 😃

• @Vanessa:

Encourage it!!!!!!
    Everytime your little boy makes a sound praise him!!!
    They just love it when you talk back to them :p

Yes, ours will yodel on their own but if we yodel back, they will go on for a few minutes. Our older male is the most vocal, but the puppy (well about a year old now) is starting to do it too now. When we get the 2 of them going, we can get our older female started too. It is really funny and I keep meaning to record it as you can tell them all apart. The puppy has a very different sound too.

• Mica does a morning doga bow with her butt up in the air and her head lower with her two front legs extended out and than usually lets out a quick "arrroooo…" sound with her mouth wide open. (she has freckle like specks inside her mouth, too, not just a normal numdane tint of mouth like most "normal" dogs); I just learned from going to a weekend workshop on therapy dogs that an open mouth is also a calming behavior in dogs towards each other. So now when she opens her mouth to yawn, or seems a little stressed, like when I took her to the vet yesterday for a medical exam and she had her sacks attended to because she was scooting, I did yawn in front of her face. But if she needs to go outside for a quick walk or is getting impatient, she can have a very high pitched yowl that needs seems to say immediate attention, mom!. She can make me feel like I am not moving fast enough to take her outside.
    BaMicas mom

• @Ninabeana26:

Speaking of stretches, does anyone else's stretch their body upward so that it looks like a speed bump or an upside down U? LOL. It's hard to describe but Dallas will pull his front & back paws close together & push his back up. It is the cutest darn thing! That plus his AM noises melt my heart! These dogs just impress me more & mroe as each day goes by that I own one. Who wants obnoxious barking when your house can be filled with baroos, yodels, singing & oooouuuuwww-ing :p

Trixie stretches like that and poops like that! Funniest thing I have ever seen. I have never seen a dog poo like her plus she walks while she is doing it. I would take a picture but she gets very disturbed is she thinks you are watching her!

• We also have one dog (male) that does the walk and poop. The other 2 (both female) stay in place. Very funny.

• LOL. Dallas walks & poops too! I always just watch him & laugh!

• All my b's walk and poop….

• Clover makes that sound too, but it's sort of a high pitched sound. I once was lucky enough to catch her and the other two dogs here in a talking yawn chain, proving once and for all, to me at least, that yawns are contagious, even among other species.

Suggested Topics