Skip to content

Vote For A Little Basenji Girl

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji

    Member Introductions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    If you click on the last icon with the arrow up icon, you can upload photos. They need to be in JPG format I think.
  • New basenji girl

    Member Introductions
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    7k Views
    B
    I would post a picture but I have no idea how.
  • 0 Votes
    90 Posts
    51k Views
    QuercusQ
    @Janneke: This discussion isn't new.. Every now and again it comes up when new members are 'overwhelmed' by all the goodness of the oldies here ;) But I have to say.. It is better now than it has been.. (but I'm a very positive thinker ;)) So the discussions weren't for nothing :) I think there has to be a balance between sharing info and scaring people off.. You can't be 'only nice' when people are asking things, or planning things, with which other people don't agree. (like breeding without health testing.. or buying a pup when it's clear the breeder isn't ok..) Maybe the problem is, that everybody wants to say the same thing and it becomes a bit too much.. But that's a forum.. everybody is allowed to share it's opinion.. even if the one before him already said the same thing.. You should all visit the Dutch forums.. ggg.. we (cheeseheads) can be very direct.. so it's not always as nice and well said/written as it is here.. :D I agree, especially with…well, everything above. But in a way, it is kind of good for this topic to come every now and again, because it helps people like me try to really think through how something is going to sound to a newbie, rather than just saying what I think. People are never going to want to hear that they puppy they love (and rightfully so) wasn't exactly the bargain they had hoped for...but that doesn't mean we don't welcome everyone here. And it doesn't mean we should stop trying to educate people before they buy...for every one person that is sick of the message, there may be fifteen reading silently that are getting something from it. I am truly sorry when someone's feelings are hurt about their beloved pet by something they read here...but if another person is helped by the post, that is important too.
  • My Basenji?

    Member Introductions
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    14k Views
    scarlettsmommaS
    It was actually the vet tech wasn't the most brilliant thing on the planet… needless to say I found another vet the next week and they think she might have some bulldog in her... what a mix. I believe that she definitely could have some bulldog in her judging by the way she lays around the house.
  • Between Basenjis

    Member Introductions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    nala121498N
    I'm sorry for the loss of your dear Basenjis. Losing a pet is so difficult. I hope this site helps you through the transition. Welcome.
  • My first basenji

    Member Introductions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    SunnyS
    i found the only thing that gets Sandies attention now days is a rolled news paper… i dont hit her with it, just the site of it and me slapping it against my legg, usually makes her stop what ever she is doing...usually its nothing major... chasing the cats...or if she just wont stop beating me up after we play...