Skip to content

Personality difference by color

Basenji Talk
  • @ELERICKSON40:

    Well everyone knows that our tri is a little devil! Recent count was she somehow got one of my husbands hats and ripped the back off of it. I swear she opens doors and climbs! Last night I was making porkchops and waiting for the oven to heat up and I heard some strange noises coming from behind me. Of course it was Trixie trying to get the pan off of the counter! All I can do is laugh! LOL

    That's a Tri!
    So far Kiya hasn't gotten into too much but I know it will be soon….very soon.
    :p

Suggested Topics

  • Is my dog a basenji? Different tail?

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    8k Views
    B
    We are a family of 6 but if someone comes in the house he will take off then come back in to check them out. He does really like people. He plays quite a bit with other dogs and with the size family he's probably over socialized with the number of people my kids bring back and forth. LOL.. He seems to gravitate towards big dogs too which is pretty funny. I think he thinks he's bigger than he is. He really really loves to run so when we take him to the school field down the street he runs his heart out with the other dogs.
  • Differences between Domestics and New Africans

    Basenji Talk
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    13k Views
    tanzaT
    One thing about the AF's and raising litters…. from what I know and have heard over and over, one of the most important things is early socialization with the outside world..... Early and often....
  • Basenji coloring question..

    Basenji Talk
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    8k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    First I would suggest that if you don't trust the breeder to explain it to you, you need to perhaps work on a bit better relationship there. Or find a breeder who has the time, knowledge and interest in doing so. The breeder should always be your first line of information. :) Second I would suggest that while I myself prefer the red and whites, it isn't how I could choose a dog for a pet. If the dark remaining is a deal breaker, perhaps someone here can suggest a breeder with pups that would fit. Third, gets pictures. We love pictures. Fourth, BAD BARKLESS! Do you know how hard it is to get coffee off the keyboard and monitor? ROFLMAO.
  • Duna's strange color change on her tummy!!!

    Basenji Talk
    27
    0 Votes
    27 Posts
    17k Views
    KipawaK
    Great to hear that she has healed and that you found out what the culprit was. BTW, I thought she had a very sweet looking belly!
  • Basenji Colors

    Basenji Talk
    28
    0 Votes
    28 Posts
    26k Views
    ChristyRutherfordC
    Yeah, it is a hairless kitten (not very cute in the pic though) He liked to unroll Squiggys tail and watch it roll up again. I will try and take some better pictures this weekend.
  • What is your favorite color pattern?

    Basenji Talk
    43
    0 Votes
    43 Posts
    25k Views
    B
    @lvoss: Maybe it is because I live with black and whites but I have never thought of their faces as less expressive. I love their heads. I love the b/w heads too. I think the wrinkles are a big part of the expression and I can see those clearly on the b/w male better than I can see them on the brindle male. I never thought much of the b/w's…...till I got one.....or two.:rolleyes: :D