Skip to content

Ew Zip! why would you want to smell like that?!?!?!?!?!

Basenji Talk
  • I always take Zip hiking with me on my day off. We go with my friend and her dalmation on a five mile loop. Zip is pretty good off leash. UNTIL SHE FINDS SOME EEEWWW SMELL SHE WANTS ALL OVER HER. She mushes someone's poo all over her neck and head so it shows up REALLY WELL. I couldn't believe it. She did it last week and being the first time I was like ew Zip, seriously?? Could you not? But today….AGAIN?? And it gets all up in her collar and omg. Such a FOUL smell too. As she ran by me I smelled it, before I saw it all worked into her fur. EEeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! And then we get in the car and ugh, I about passed out.
    B-A-T-H-T-I-M-E
    Someone mentioned that doing that is an attempt to block out the hunting dog's own smell. Is that true? UUUUUuuuuuuugh. I think zippy girl is staying leashed next time because the last thing mama wants to do after hiking 5 miles is wash off her "perfume". And a bath a week is just ridiculous.

  • uggh reminds me of my parents dog. Lady, in her younger years, would take cat poo out of the litter box and eat/roll in it. outside she would do the same with random poo on the ground.

    just be glad you didnt have to clean up the carpet too! lol:p

Suggested Topics

  • 2 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    L
    @debradownsouth Oh yes, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks debradownsouth.
  • Looks like my house

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    LOL, my husband got me a magnet with a basenji with a remote in it's mouth. Very cute! But ouch, that pup needs a nail trimming!
  • Shedding like crazy

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    9k Views
    QuercusQ
    All of mine are having a longer and larger shed right now than is usual. I think it because it has been unusually hot and humid for a longer time than normal.
  • Opinions wanted

    Basenji Talk
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    5k Views
    wizardW
    You might also check with your local humane society animal shelter - the one here offers various classes (regular obedience plus good citizen plus plus) and you can take them at your own pace though I'm not sure how that works (I just got the notice). I buy most of my toys online since the stores around here cater to the hunting dogs. Don't forget to check Amazon.com too - they have a wide selection.
  • What does your basenji like to rip?

    Basenji Talk
    59
    0 Votes
    59 Posts
    39k Views
    tanzaT
    That would be OJ when he was young…. at his age now, he really doesn't have the teeth for it any more... but he was the king of tags rippers... and he was the only one, the girls had no interest at all...
  • Does your basenji like tea bags?

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    Y
    @Basenji_Boy: Mine usually like to roll on my bath towel after I shower:eek: ….. that's right after they roll on my smelly socks and work shoes:eek: . But yet they always smell so good............strange.:D :D :D Ha ha thats my basenjis youre talking about!!! Sometimes I'm not even finished with the towel myself before they steal it away and roll all over it. :)