• Just another thought…...I wish the company would publish that info. I'm not using that on my animal clients again. I'll just trust my ability to calm through healing touch.

• @massagemom3:

Just another thought…...I wish the company would publish that info. I'm not using that on my animal clients again. I'll just trust my ability to calm through healing touch.

yeah, it seems to me, on the one that I used, the alcohol wasn't even listed in the ingredients, which is why I didn't notice until I had it home.
    I noticed that later, elsewhere on the bottle.

I think Andrea, here on the forum, was the one who made a comment that had me go looking more closely at the bottle!

• I should add - when my vet contacted the store at which I bought mine, they said, "Oh yes! We sell a LOT of that here".

ugh.

• ugh-I hear ya…scary

• @massagemom3:

Just another thought…...I wish the company would publish that info. I'm not using that on my animal clients again. I'll just trust my ability to calm through healing touch.

Isn't the fact about the alcohol on the labeL? I think it is…? many of the BACH products have alcohol in them...

• @tanza:

Isn't the fact about the alcohol on the labeL? I think it is…? many of the BACH products have alcohol in them...

@tanza:

it may be on the label - I used a different product so cannot say – but it's sure not listed on the website in the list of ingredients. The website is all about the herbs. It's misleading at best for people who order from them.

And 27%!!! That's absurd! My gosh -- it's almost 1/3 alcohol!! Who wouldn't feel relaxed?

• @JazzysMom:

it may be on the label - I used a different product so cannot say – but it's sure not listed on the website in the list of ingredients. The website is all about the herbs. It's misleading at best for people who order from them.

And 27%!!! That's absurd! My gosh -- it's almost 1/3 alcohol!! Who wouldn't feel relaxed?

Interesting and you are right, it is not on the BACH website for the ingredients, however if you go like to drugstore.com the ingredients are there… and yup... 27%

• My 12 year old boy injured his back, pinched nerve, a couple of years ago, jumping off a chair, and was hobbling around. We used steriods, muscle relaxers and pain meds, they recommended crate rest and we got a crate in the middle of the living room and tried it for one day, ha, but he was so drugged all he did was sleep beside the couch on a floor pillow for 3 or 4 days, my other 2 were very worried about him and stayed close to him. After a week he was much better, we weaned off the meds and he was 95% better. He has had a couple of similar episodes, not as severe, over the last 2 years. they said he has terrible spondylosis of the spine, may have more problems in the future.

We were very fortunate that his pain was not as severe as yours, and our other dogs 'doctored"him. Take it one day at a time, be sure you give all the pain meds he needs for awhile, and take care of your wounds. There aren't many of us who have not been bitten by a hurt or frightened dog over the years! I hope your wife's finger is OK.

Anne in Tampa

• Mackpack..Your right, take it day by day…The drugs do serve a purpose. They get a "hot" back or very painful back to relax so it can heal. If you think about a board and you drive a nail in it, it stresses the area. Thats what your back does when it has an injury. Unlike the board your back can compensate for the lack of structure over a period of relax and repair time.

BUT you hurt in other places to make up for that lack of support inthe right place. Over time with training of your muscles that support your main structure, you have some stability.

Just keep up the abdominal muscles... that are actually the main support for your "main frame". For a lack of better words. just some thoughts keep in mind there is a lot more to the problem but for some...its true.(not including traumatic injury of course)

• My wife's hand is worse where she can't bend her finger or lift objects. I finally got her to go to the doctor, they X rayed her hand and asked her how long she has had arthritis!

So this is how she found out she has arthritis at age 48.

It seems that her knuckle where she was bit has an inner infection, no broken bones, they put her hand & finger in a splint. The dog bite did not break the skin, but as any body who has been "really" bitten by a basenji knows they have bone crushing jaws. They leave horrible bruises even if they don't draw blood.

The dog seems all better still, no more pain attacks. While petting him we noticed a scab on his ear after the fight. It goes all the way through his ear. The other dog bit a hole in his ear, when she tried to finish him!

Suggested Topics