Buttermilk lover

Sol and I were driving home from work yesterday– -I have a small truck and he sits up front next to me (he's very good about not being rowdy). I ran into one market, left the groceries in the cab with him, then ran into another market... you can probably guess what happpened.

I am usually good about only leaving non-tasty things with him-- he's not usually terribly nosy. But the buttermilk carton smelled great! He pulled it out of the bag and had just punctured it as I arrived. He dropped it and tried to look innocent. I picked it up--- it looked like he hadn't gotten far-- then the milk spurted out the bottom.
He was very hepful about cleanup, licking the seat. I was upset, but laughing at the same time. The scary moment was when I opened the door to pour out the buttermilk left in the carton and he jumped out of the truck.

I was really glad I hadn't yelled at him, because he just stood there until I picked him up and put him back in the truck. He is so much more important than a little mess!!

Anyway, the truck didn't even smell this morning. Note to self-- put groceries in the truck bed.

Kris

Yeah, leaving edible goodies in the car w/ a B unattended is just too tempting for them!

How funny!! Guess that buttermilk tasted good to Sol!! Glad your truck didn't stink!!

Looks like your connection to Basenji Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.