Baby Aiden Due ANY Day Now…(gettting worried!!)

• Houston

I was told, back in 2000, when I brought our daughter Sofia home form the hospital, to let my husband carry her in, and me to come in and immediatly pay attention to our two dogs at the time. That way I was still their mom and the baby (this new screaming thing) hadn't gotten all of me for herself. I spent time with them on the floor, they did a lot of sniffing and once they had sniffed all the new smells out, my husband brought Sofia over for them to smell her too. They did not like her at first, but we made it very clear that she is here to stay, like it or not.
    I also remember them both freaking out when they heard her cry through the babymonitor, we actually ended up not using it after that. Those two dogs ended up being her best friend and they put up with a lot. We just lost both of those dogs,one in March and one exactly 4 weeks later. But that is a different story.
    One more thing, when people came over to gush over the new baby, some of our friends actually brought the dogs special treats, they were our first born kids so they deserved attention too. I think that was a really nice touch of our friends to in this time of amazement actually remember Bogus and Lou, and I also think jealousy was kept at a minimum because of the attention they got.
    Good Luck, bringing a new baby home is so exciting and such a happy time in your lives.

Suggested Topics