• This is my first post here or in any forum, never had a reason until I got my puppy. I rescued him from the SPCA when we was approx. 4 months? They said he was a hound shepard mix. But someone at the dog park asked if he was a Basenji, so I started to do some research, and he has almost all the characteristics and features. I am gonna work on a pic. He is a great little dog, just gotta work on the pee trails around the house.

• Welcome, can't wait to see pics

• Hello and welcome to the forum. I too have a rescued basenji mix. The shelter had her listed as a whippet mix. We had her a short time before the first person mentioned "basenji" as a possiblity. They were RIGHT. Like you, we researched the breed and we have no doubt she is part b. I look forward to seeing pics of your little fella.

• Welcome Erik & how great that your rescued your little one. Post some pics & I'm sure some of our experts here will give you a definite assesment 🙂

• Welcome Erik:
    You are going to have so much fun with your new little one. Can't hardly wait to hear some of your funny stories to come as he grows up.:D
    Waiting in antisipation for your photos,
    Tanga:)

• Congratulations and welcome!

Suggested Topics