Skip to content

Gallbladder/liver issues

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Lots of spots...

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    7
    1 Votes
    7 Posts
    9k Views
    helle deviH
    @coloradocolby Yes, freckles. If ever my girl has to be shaved, she'd be like a pink spotted lil' piggie :hugging_face: !!!
  • Eye issue

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    71
    0 Votes
    71 Posts
    51k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Pat, yeah, it was many but the specialist from GA (who does CERF btw, or did, could be retired at this point) said all were iris to iris and none should cause her issues. But you can still see them. I am comforted to know that a lot of strands don't pass as I honestly don't remember seeing that limitation, only on placement. Been a long time since I looked at CERF. But the issue was and then, the person LIED. She sent me a puppy for my child, who already had more on her than any child should with my health issues, that she obviously had no clue about– a puppy she had no clue about it's eye health. And then wanted her back if I wasn't going to breed her as she would. Yeah, over my dead body.
  • 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    Kris_ChristineK
    @wizard: Makes you wonder what the vet schools are teaching too! Indeed it does!
  • Back problems/ defecation issues

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    8k Views
    W
    oh yes hes on metacam now for pain but also because it is supposed to help with the swelling of the discs when he comes off that in a week we have to wait for a few days then we will put him on steroids to ease the swelling of the discs i guess right now the crucial thing is to make the discs go back to the size they should be so they dont infringe on the spinal cord or nerves which would be really really bad for sebastian
  • 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    No one has replied
  • 0 Votes
    11 Posts
    6k Views
    K
    LOL oh he did, but rarely. Now it's a nightly occurance, and I was angry when I wrote that, he just ate my last dessert dumpling! yup, I'm still mad…