• Hello! My name is Claudia and I am a law student who recently adopted a Basenji mix (not sure what she is mixed with) whose name is Rotisserie!

Prior to adopting her, I did not know much about Basenjis and just stumbled upon the breed at the local pound. I have owned many dogs in my life so I am an experienced dog owner but my Basenji is one of a kind and after doing loads of research I found this community. I want to be the best dog owner I can be for my pup and I look forward to chatting with other basenji owners and getting some tips on how to be a better owner for my dog! 🙂

I tried to attach a picture of my pup hopefully it worked
    ![0_1632244909565_Rotisserie.jpg](Uploading 100%)

• Claudia - Welcome to the Forum! And yes - the basenji is “one of a kind”! (BTW - I was not able to view the picture).

• Hi Claudia, and WELCOME! My first Basenji was a rescue too. Now I’m hooked and have two more. They’re so entertaining, exasperating, lovable, cuddly while bing prickly, expressive and stoic, demanding yet disassociative, etc. Every Basenji I’ve had have been different in personality. I love them so much. Can’t wait to share your journey and experience with Rotisserie. Again, welcome!

• Welcome ! There is nothing like a Basenji as you will soon learn.

• oh please, please, please show us a picture! 🙂 (you might need to make your file a bit smaller)

Suggested Topics