Skip to content

TPLO surgery vet suggestion

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Orlando Vet Recommendations

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    MacPackM
    Sorry, I know a couple of god ones in Tampa, though.
  • Vet found more parasites

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    13k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Cara had coccidia when we got her, but I have read research that it is killed more easily with ammonia than bleach so that's what I used–- pick up, pour ammonia over area. Neither Connor nor Arwen got it. But since you weren't doing it before, do take in stool samples of the other dogs to avoid them continuing to pass it around. A dog can have it with limited effect and still be passing it in stools to recontaminate your pup. http://www.sheltermedicine.vet.cornell.edu//shelter/coccidia.htm
  • Vets knowledgeable in basenjis

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    12k Views
    M
    Is there anyone out in the New Jersey area (or knows of a site that I can be directed to) who knows of any vets that have knowledge of Basenjis? We have a 4 month old Basenji and our breeder took her to the vet at 8 wks but she hasnt been to one since so I've been looking for a good vet for a standard visit and cant seem to find one who knows about Basenjis (well all the vets Ive talked to, act like they know about them but you can tell they've never had one as a patient ;0 Thanks for the help!
  • How do I educate my vet?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    5k Views
    tanzaT
    @Benkura: His brother is my other boy 'Cahnce' who is Clear. It's just Chance & Trouper are chalk and cheese and both have good to offer the breed. I did wonder whether neutering him would be beneficial or not. Wasn't sure if it might induce too much stress. However, I would have to stop showing him if I did that and he already has 1 CC. I would not worry about doing it now… only something to consider "IF" he starts showing symptoms.... When Jaadii came down with Fanconi it was before the DNA test was available, so no one knew until he started spilling sugar. He was fine 11 months out of the year, but during Basenji breeding season he was a mess... and that was a lot of stress on him... So being neutered was not stressful, it was NOT being neutered that was. That said, not all dogs are alike... each are different... just putting in what we found with Jaadii....
  • Recovering from surgery

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    107
    0 Votes
    107 Posts
    62k Views
    BasenjimammaB
    Good to hear…not about the couch;), but about his health..
  • Vets in Oregon

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    6k Views
    S
    thanks, I will