Skip to content

OFA Health Survey

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Joint health

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    6k Views
    ChanningsMomC
    Thanks for the input! He does get chicken & duck feet sometimes for a snack!
  • Health Result Records

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    28
    0 Votes
    28 Posts
    17k Views
    misspodhradskyM
    @Nemo: Of course they don't have to register them at all to sell puppies. thats for sure :(
  • Ear health

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    KipawaK
    @vickilb: My little BRAT, Hunter, LOVES to make his own trails when we go hiking. Last year he got one of those Foxtail seeds stuck way the heck down his eardrum. He had to be put under because it was resting on his ear drum and he wouldn't hold still for the vet!!! $500 later, he is as good as new. Do I take him to the same hiking area, you betcha!!!! Those foxtails are BAD! We have them here in the summer, and they are everywhere, so there is not much we can do. Yes, that kind of vet procedure can cost quite a bit. What we don't do for our fur babies!
  • OFA Certificates

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    BasenjimammaB
    thanks lvoss..
  • Ofa

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    6k Views
    lvossL
    How long the results take to post on OFA for the Fanconi marker test is a bit variable. I would say that for most people it posts somewhere between 2-4 weeks after the email notification is recieved. They are also posted in batches so watch for other postings with the same Test Result Date as yours. If the batch posts and yours isn't there, then email OFA and let them know. If you submit your CERF paperwork, the CERF results will automatically link to the OFA site. CERF sends an update to OFA about twice a month so again it is about 2-4 weeks for it to show up on the OFA site once the dog has an OFA page.
  • Health Issues for Mixes

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    SweetShelbyS
    Never mind. I just read another thread that answered that question. I will pick up some diastix from Walmart. I don't really think it is a possiblity that she could develop Fanconi's since she is a half B but it won't hurt to occasionally test her urine because I would feel awful if something happened to her and I could've done something. Thanks again.