Skip to content

Recalls/Ol Roy taken off the market (finally) Crappy food IMO

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Not Interested In Eating His Food!

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    32
    1 Votes
    32 Posts
    14k Views
    KebasmomK
    @Mmasco If you are still here will you please update me on your pup? I'm interested because I have two of Rocket Man's litter mates.
  • Recall of IVERHART

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Thanks Pat, sharing it.
  • 0 Votes
    11 Posts
    9k Views
    O
    Yes, the test for Lyme disease is a blood test. It is a special test that is not in the regular panels– they usually run it separately, after they rule out other things. I hope your B is better! Did you find out what was wrong?
  • Food Allergies Out of the Blue?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    7k Views
    D
    It might be a combination of food and seasonal allergies. The food/biscuits might be a slight problem but then added to the seasonal allergies, the allergies become major. Arnie has allergies and he rarely gets treats because of this and his kibble dog food is his treat. Does your dog also have a rash on his stomach area or the inner part of his rear legs? Arnie usually starts off with this and then if he is biting his feet I know the allergies are bad. He has not had this for a few years though! I would clean the area and this would help tremendously. Allergies are difficult to diagnose. The allergy season here in OH has been extended because of the crazy weather. If you have leaves on the ground that are/were wet, there could be mold, fungi, etc. on them and your dog is getting it on his paws. Jennifer
  • Wichita Rabies Law Article 11/15/08

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    Kris_ChristineK
    Well, your precious ones only have to have a rabies booster once every 3 years! Please tell all your friends in Wichita about the ordinance change – the newspaper buried the announcement in other animal-related information, I'm sure many pet owners in the city don't have a clue that they no longer have to booster every year. Kris
  • Dry Dog Foods

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    S
    I use the Life Abudance and alternate between Paula Newmans. My dogs love it. Their coats look great. I totally support both of those dog foods.