Skip to content

A question

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Transport Question

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    D
    If he gets along with other breeds of dogs, perhaps taking him to doggy day care or a dog park would help. I would definitely ask Brenda about this first. Some Bs do not get along with small white fluffy dogs as they think they are prey! Jennifer
  • Question…

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    bellabasenjiB
    Home is a dog's "territory" and sometimes they will protect it as such (especially against other dogs)… Possibly the breeder is concerned this would be an issue. Maybe she would consider meeting somewhere "neutral" with you and some of the dogs...
  • Crating Question

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    rnastoR
    The only reasons I would not crate little bs with big bs is (1) I don't want any fighting so you would have to play that one by ear (2) If the little one potties in the crate accidentally the big b has to suffer too. But I only have 1 so thats all I could think of
  • Dumb question…

    Basenji Talk
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    8k Views
    J
    I was surprised by how thick the whiskers were! She was finally a bit sleepy and left the scissors (I tried a small nail scissors this time) so I got the annoying one trimmed, but I was surprised at how the scissors barely got through it! Oh well, its dumb but at least now there isn't this annoying long hair hanging way down off her chin :)
  • Question…

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    nomrbddgsN
    @Jylly18: THanks everyone for the advice, she ended up being fine, I fed her this morning and no throw-up when we got home :) I was just worried cause she has never done it more than once before. Its funny about how you said you put her over the toilet, my husband managed to hold her over the garbage when she threw up, so she looked ridiculous but at least it made no mess! HaHaHa! That conjures up a picture!
  • Eating question…

    Basenji Talk
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    7k Views
    nomrbddgsN
    Shadow also used to 'pick' at his food. He started expanding so I cut back the food at each feeding and now he is eating normally and finishes his bowl when the others do.