• Hello my family is looking for a male puppy to bring home. My son has allergies and we don't want just any dog. I have fallen in love with Basenjis and we don't want to have to wait a whole year...or 6+ months. We will if we have to.

• Are you sure your son won't be allergic to Basenjis? Best way to know is to be around them and see whether he reacts. They may be less likely to trigger allergies than some other breeds, but the only way to be sure is to expose your son to one.

Hopefully you have researched the breed thoroughly. They are definitely not for everyone, and require more effort, patience, and ingenuity on your part than many other breeds.

• We are not aware yet. That is why we are looking to find someone nearby so that we can be around a Basenji before committing. We would never bring him home before knowing he is a good fit for out family.

• There are a lot of breeders in Ohio. Check out the BCOA website and maybe join some basenji facebook groups.

Where in Ohio are you?

• The Basenji Rescue And Transport (BRAT) FB group is at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/42698328416/ Check it out and join, there's lots of Basenjis in OH.
    -Joanne

• Try CarolAnn Worsham in Urbana, OH. Say Len has put you on to her. Good luck.

• Basenjis are not hyperallergic. Basenjis shed and have dander. Make sure that you spend time with them and more than one time. If allergies are a possible issue, I always give people a hand towel that the Basenjis have had.. to take home. Especially telling if you take that towel and put it under your pillow at night. You can find breeders at www.basenji.org and search by state. Basenjis typically only come in season once a year and this is the reason that you are not likely to find any this time of year

Suggested Topics