Skip to content

Help with Basenji Database

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • New Basenji mix mom...help

    Member Introductions
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    16k Views
    D
    I can definitely see the blue healer very cute puppy
  • Help

    Member Introductions
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    8k Views
    eeeefarmE
    jeannieJ, is your dog tattooed? You might at least be able to find out something about him if he is. Breeding is not a good idea unless you are experienced, know all about the breed's history and health concerns, and are willing to be responsible for any resulting puppies for the rest of their lives!
  • My Basenjis

    Member Introductions
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    P
    As mine age I try to keep a bit of weight on them because I know they may reach a stage when they just don't keep weight as the organs weaken.
  • Help! Is my boy a Basenji?

    Member Introductions
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    7k Views
    Shaye's MomS
    His coloring is a lot like a tri basenji, but whatever he is, he is a really nice looking dog. I have a mix also, mostly basenji in her traits, but lots of extra skin around her neck, much thicker than a true basenji weighing 33 lbs. If her legs were shorter I'd definitely say corgi - yours probably has corgi in him.
  • New Basenji

    Member Introductions
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    8k Views
    thunderbird8588T
    Welcome Adam and Tenji to our Basenji community. We are due to get our Pup next Sat.
  • Need help with basenji

    Member Introductions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    S
    I agree that having a companion for your dog is helpful. My 2 b's sleep on the bed when we are are work…unless they are sunning themselves outside in the summer keeping an eye on the yard. We have a doggie door and its helpful...but I wouldn't let a single dog have access to the outside, as they might see some dog they want to play with and go over/under the fence. My 2 have never even tried to climb out. But I believe its cause they are together.