• no idea what mabc is so obviousley i don't belong. I'm not sure exactly where duchess county is but i do know it's about 2 hrs from me and I live in Queens New york

• @luzmery928:

But I am trying to get out to the one in duchess county in july.

If you mean the Rip Van Wrinkler match it is not in July it is on June 17.

• I do belong to the Mid Atlantic Basenji Club but you don't need to be a member to come & play at the fun match 🙂

And Dutchess County is in New York near Poughkeepsie in the Hudson Valley area. I hope that helps.

• @luzmery928:

no idea what mabc is so obviousley i don't belong. I'm not sure exactly where duchess county is but i do know it's about 2 hrs from me and I live in Queens New york

That's part of the fun! You don't have to be savvy to enjoy things. Go and observe if nothing else. Some of the others should be able to direct you to where the fun match is. I didn't know ANYTHING when I first got Shadow from Robyn. I'm just starting to understand what I should be looking at and for and what matches, showing and racing is all about!

• I am new to this and would love to have Lucy meet some other Basenji's. Lucy is a mutt, does that matter?

• @nomrbddgs:

That's part of the fun! You don't have to be savvy to enjoy things. Go and observe if nothing else. Some of the others should be able to direct you to where the fun match is. I didn't know ANYTHING when I first got Shadow from Robyn. I'm just starting to understand what I should be looking at and for and what matches, showing and racing is all about!

I meant I have no idea what the inital stand for.haha…Oh yes I am looking forward to this new experience not only for me but also for my B so he can interact with his fellow basenji's. That's right June 17, thanks for the reminder.

• I believe all basenji-ish dogs are allowed too 😃

• Where is everyone staying?

• So, what goes on at these events?

• So I got the official confirmation from MABC prez…you don't need to be a member to attend the Fun Match & you don't need to have a pure bred Basenji to attend...you absolutely postively MUST have F-U-N and be willing to enjoy yourself...:D 😃

At this fun match there will be "unofficial" showing for puppies, different color B's, veteran B's (7+ years), then there's a part competition (so Basenji Mixes can have loads of fun during these competitions) there's curliest tail, nices paws, nicest eyes, most interesting but swirl, most white, pointiest ears...etc. etc.

• @jys1011:

So I got the official confirmation from MABC prez…you don't need to be a member to attend the Fun Match & you don't need to have a pure bred Basenji to attend...you absolutely postively MUST have F-U-N and be willing to enjoy yourself...:D 😃

At this fun match there will be "unofficial" showing for puppies, different color B's, veteran B's (7+ years), then there's a part competition (so Basenji Mixes can have loads of fun during these competitions) there's curliest tail, nices paws, nicest eyes, most interesting but swirl, most white, pointiest ears...etc. etc.

I've never had a dog in a show ring:eek: , but for fun I plan on showing our Af boy Max:eek: :eek: , in the "eyes" and "wrinkles" competition.:D 😃

Yes having fun is the only real goal for the day!

• what time does it start?

• It starts at 9 am.

• Ozzie and Lacie will be there, my fiance and I are going as well as her mom who is bringing her two Itchy and Dubs. This is my first basenji fun day. I can't wait 🙂

• Looks like we are not going to be able to make it, I am so bummed 😞

• We had a great time, Ozzie won first in Best trick, but using his whole arsenal of tricks: sit, lay down, shake and jump 🙂 he also won first place in the musical sit game (I forget what they called it), he got 2nd place in curliest tail and I think it was 3rd in best neck. Lacie did well also, if I remember correctly she got First place in best bridle coat, 2nd or 3rd in best eyes and 2nd in best tail waggle. I'm just going from memory so forgive me if I mixed some up.

• It looked like everyone was having fun, so IMO the match was a success!

I had fun, Max got second place for wrinkles, Jasper got fourth for ears and best brindle in the Conformation.

It was also my pleasure to meet Sweet Shelby. I wish I'd had known that was you Goldenfri.:eek:

My Son took Jasper in the ring.:) The B/W is Willy's Brother Baxter, the Tri won the match.:)

• I want to hear more you guys!!!! I am so bummed that we could not go but we are traveling so much this weekend that it would have been too tiring on us (tough decision). I am going to have to join MABC and hope that there is something else like this coming up again soon.

How many B's were there?

• Sweet Shelby won "Least white":D 😃 😃 She's a barootiful Basenji mix and a very sweet girl.:)

• So, who was the Tri that won?

Suggested Topics