Skip to content

Dog dental chew sticks recommendations

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Dog went blind

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    13k Views
    BarklessdogB
    We never did much with her at night just go out after dinner and before bed. Now we walk her after dinner and before bed and give her the tornado puzzle ever night. We are engaging her mind., enriching her life with things she still likes to do.
  • Trouble Dog

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    18k Views
    Buddys PalB
    @Moth: Have you ever tried an obedience class? It might be a great place to start. It sounds like your dog is space guarding. http://ahimsadogtraining.com/blog/resource-guarding/ was just going through some old threads, and came across this one-Moth, I like your style and advice-esp this link!
  • Dog Lice

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    dmeyD
    Thanks for the advice. We are now lice free, thankfully. I did some research and it turns out that. Dog lice are a specific species, different from human lice and we cant get them, neither can my cats.(I have two cats) I guess the bird lice are different. I had already given them the frontlin( not actually frontline brand, its called Fipronex, so that they wouldnt catch it. So I was extra worried for no reason. I am not a big fan of chemicals either. Thats why I didnt have Ayo on the regular dosis of frontline but the thing is that we have such a big stray dog problem that , almost every patch of grass in town is flea and tick infested and we end up having to deal with it a lot, so most people use frontline or similar products regularly. I didnt really have that problem with my last dog ( my great dane CHelo). I used to find a couple of ticks on him like once a year and usually they would dissapear with one application instead of having to regularly do preventive treatment with it. I will read up on the natural remedies, maybe I can use them next time without having to use the chemicals. I also read that these lice are very very uncommon in countries like United States or European countries,.. again, its the conditions of all the stray dogs that we have here. Its a shame, and there are a lot of organizations that try to help, but in the end, you know, when you have a lot of people that need aid, its really hard to get aid for animals. Thanks for the help….
  • Basenji dental

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    37
    0 Votes
    37 Posts
    25k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    @tanza: LOL …. so hmm... great weather = higher Vet costs... makes perfect sense to me!!! LOL great weather equals more want to live there. More want to live there, drives real estate costs up. Increased real estate costs drives other expenses up. LOL, it does make some sense. But then, wth is up with NYC which has icky weather? Oh wait, massive overcrowding, never mind.
  • Bumpy dogs?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    S
    Thanks everyone! Now I'm wracking my brain trying to remember where exactly her vaccines were. She got two in one day, and I preoccupied with holding her and giving her cookies! I keep rubbing it, and if anything, it seems a bit smaller, but I will absolutely let everyone know what happens next. Cheers
  • Chewing Questions

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    KiroGurlK
    I got worried giving kiro so many bones, so i would take lots of old shoe laces and tie them in her crate on the side.ONe big sting with tons of THICK knots and let her pull it off and that kept her busy. You just have to make sure they wont swallow it. (she didnt) and make the knots big and thick. she loved the challenge of getting them off the side of her crate. it helps if your worried about to many bones…..