Skip to content

Looking for a leash

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Recommendations for collar, leash?

    Basenji Talk
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    11k Views
    K
    We use beautiful martingales from the dutch site www.halsbanden.com - maybe she ships to the US…. The leash we use is what is called in Holland a police leash, with fasteners on both sides: http://www.vldsweden.nl/Webwinkel-Product-1824933/Politie-lijn..html?gclid=CKetvYTG8K4CFVEjfAodeyptLQ When I want my 2 B's close, I can use one leash.
  • Getting off the leash

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    BorbasukB
    I know what you mean Patty; but I always made sure to do this and it didn't make any difference. It's not every dog I've had that could do this; most can't but once they figure it out the first time they always seem to do it again.
  • Favourite leashes?

    Basenji Talk
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    7k Views
    R
    We have used 6 ft leather leads with braided ends, which were nice. Also have used nylon leads from regular stores, but they are too slippery for me and the handle/loops weren't that big for hubby's hands. So now we use Lupine leads that I have bought from vet offices or online. The handle/loops are large and padded and we like the clip end. And the feature we have had to use already that we like best: they're guaranteed even if they're chewed! Just send the leash back (don't even need the receipt) and they send you a new one. They try to even send back one in the same pattern if possible. The website also has collars, etc.
  • Looking at doggie daycare

    Basenji Talk
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    13k Views
    wizardW
    I don't care how much pampering my dog gets or whether or not TV is available - that's just icing on the cake and cash out of my wallet. I do care about the basic TLC that is offered. Here's a few things I looked for when checking out the doggie day cares: 1. How high are their fences and how do the dogs move from kennel to play area? 2. How large is the outside play area and are there bushes or other obstructions for the humans watching? 2. How many dogs do they let play together at one time? 3. How many humans watch over the dogs playing? 4. How do they introduce new dogs – small dog to small dog; temperment to temperment; free for all? 5. What doggie first aid training do the humans have? I visited one place that had a very very very large outdoor area and only the standard 4 foot fence. I asked what happens if a dog jumps the fence -- oh we've never had that happen (and they never had experience with basenjis either). I visited one place that had a large playroom and allowed all the dogs together at one time with only one person to watch over. I asked what happens if there's a fight -- oh I come running after them with a spray bottle of water. Don't be fooled by appearances.
  • Look at the cute puppies!

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    JannekeJ
    Very cute! :)
  • Looking For Winter Coat

    Basenji Talk
    21
    0 Votes
    21 Posts
    14k Views
    PunkyP
    I bought coats from Ruffwear for my boys and have been really pleased with the coats especially since we have gotten so much snow.