What do you think about this name??

• @Mikecherves:

Just wanted to let you know, i have decided to name her Dexy. Although i like Bandit more, i called her Bandit for today, and i felt it was too difficult to pronounce. I know it sounds stupid but i feel like a dogs name should be flow out the mouth a little easier.

I totally get that! It's actually one of the things I consider when naming a new dog. How quickly I can get it out, how it feels on my tongue and how the name shortens.

• @Mikecherves:

I know it sounds stupid but i feel like a dogs name should be flow out the mouth a little easier.

I don't think that sounds stupid at all, I totally agree, a dog's name should flow off the tongue. Shout the name out the back door a couple times, what does it sound like then? Also, be aware of what the name sounds like when it's shortened, "Dex" sounds better then "Band ". I always thought "Pistol" would be a good name for a dog, but….
    -Joanne

• Dexy is a lovely happy name, our boy is Kaiser which has been shortened to Kai which becomes KaiKai in a happy tone to get him to recall(haha sort of recall). Enjoy your girl she looks like a snuggle bug and people who say they aren't intelligent obviously never had a Basenji or think they aren't because they are smart enough to choose whether to obey or not, I would say they don't have slave obedience but respect obedience if you get what I mean.

Jolanda and Kaiser

• @stash:

Dexy is a lovely happy name, our boy is Kaiser which has been shortened to Kai which becomes KaiKai in a happy tone to get him to recall(haha sort of recall). Enjoy your girl she looks like a snuggle bug and people who say they aren't intelligent obviously never had a Basenji or think they aren't because they are smart enough to choose whether to obey or not, I would say they don't have slave obedience but respect obedience if you get what I mean.

Jolanda and Kaiser

Thanks, yea i think eventually everyone will just call her Dex. I want to take her out for a walk so badly already but im waiting for her to get all her vaccinations. For now i walk her around in my fenced backyard with a leash

• In my opinion, Dexy rolls off the tongue more than Dex does…...love the name Dexy....it's like 'sexy' but with a little flair. And she is indeed a beauty.

• Well so far it's pretty easy saying Dexy. And I'm glad you like the name haha, I think she's beautiful aswell

• She is lovely! I will post tomorrow…

Suggested Topics