Skip to content

My basenji ate a piece of bark

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji or...not?

    Basenji Talk
    26
    1 Votes
    26 Posts
    26k Views
    HeidiAceH
    @debradownsouth Thanks you so much. We'll give it a try.
  • Barking

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    Shaye's MomS
    That is hilarious! Probably talking to a dog outside! My 17 year old cat has never meowed, she has always said "mat, mat, mat, mat" over and over. Perhaps she's calling Matt? Maybe wanting us to put a mat down? Doesn't have a clue she's a cat? All I know, is meow isn't in her vocabulary.
  • Basenjis are -

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    7k Views
    QuercusQ
    ooohhh…so true!!! Good observation!
  • Barking Basenji!!!

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    TrixieT
    Luke barks sometimes…Usually when someone knock into the door, or when somebody opens my door when it closed...
  • A wolf ate my basenji!

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    4k Views
    BaMicaB
    My Mica does have a sharp bark when she wants something - like a "…I have to go potty" - she has sharper and less sharp singular barks too, but usually one syllable - if that makes sense in doggie language - or she will wake me up in the middle of the night because she heard something out on the balcony - perhaps a raccoon or critter - and than I am running down the hallway following her because she wants to go hunting in the middle of the night on the balcony - trying to silence her so she doesn't wake anyone up. Than it is muffled and she doens't like that - but than she gets quieted and runs back to sleep. I think she does it to see what I will do.:D BaMicas Mom
  • "A Tired Basenji Is A Happy Basenji"

    Basenji Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    23k Views
    WeLuvBasenjisW
    I have found that if I take my B to doggie daycare (even if it's only for half a day), she is ehausted when I bring her home. She will let me do the dishes without any basenji help! She also tends to treat our doggie friends a little nicer when they come around. Having a worn out basenji is deifinitely worth the $15!!