Skip to content

New Member - Florida

Member Introductions
  • I am a new member to this site. My wife and I have had Basenjis since the 70's. We are a part of the Fanconi web site, as we lost our Fanconi boy basenji, Toby, several years ago at age 6 1/2.. Our basenjis are now rescues from BRAT. We have two presently, we had a third basenjis, Jade, but we lost her at the age of 5 to a brain tumor. Cody is our younger basenji, age 7 and Emma is age 8. Cody has been blind for over a year and a half, due to SRDS at age 5. He does very well and gets around fantastically, although his chasing squirrels days are behind him. Emma is the queen of the house and one of the most affectionate basenjis that we have had. Would like to post some pixs of our basenjis, as soon as I can figure out how to do it.

Suggested Topics

  • New member, new basenji owner as of yesterday!

    Member Introductions
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    16k Views
    lvossL
    Most people incorrectly use the terms dominant and dominance with regard to dogs. Here is a good blog post by Dr. Sophia Yin on the topic. http://drsophiayin.com/blog/entry/dominance_in_dogs_is_not_a_personality_trait
  • New Member, New Dog

    Member Introductions
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    12k Views
    RivermoonR
    Whatever she is, she's a little doll. It's nice to know that the displaced pups are finding such good homes.
  • New Member

    Member Introductions
    25
    0 Votes
    25 Posts
    14k Views
    K
    Hello king DE, Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forum.
  • New member

    Member Introductions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    nala121498N
    Welcome…looking forward to seeing and hearing more about you and your pups!
  • New Member

    Member Introductions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    jessi76J
    Hi Annabellasmom! I'm in MA too. I have a 1.5 yr old who we adopted last year. I look forward to chatting w/ you on the board. :)
  • New member, New Basenji mom!

    Member Introductions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    6k Views
    BuanaB
    Welcome to the forum!