• I am sure I come across with a "tone too"… so I apologize also... and people will feed themselved and their dogs what is most comfortable. I know that I would be much healthier if I ate as well as I fed my dogs....ggggg.... and as with many things we all can agree to disagree....

• I agree with dash….We may push whats in the office because we know it is balanced otherwise vets wouldn't carry it. I don't know how much vets spend in school but techs spend at least a full yr on it. for a 2-4 yr program thats a decent amount of time. But I do agree there are many decent diets out there and it tends to be a personal choice. If you're looking for a diet that makes less poop eukanuba low residue works wonders.

• so, I just read this and my guys were eating grapes yesterday, LOL….I have heard that grape stems are bad....my guys are okay with a little bit of fruit from time to time....they love watermellon

as far as the vets say science diet is good.....well, it may be the best stuff they sell in the petstore....

i can tell you first hand from watching beta die and doing research with her foods as she deteriorated, here are some things to think about....

corporations say a dog should eat the same food all of their life, every day....it sells

a basenji in the wild doesnt do that....they may eat all kinds of different things to stay alive...

the doctors told me that when beta was getting ill to remove grains that were not found in the wild such as corn (major filler in pet foods), wheat, and rice...

the next thing they told me is that when basenjis have sensitive stomachs (IPSID or IBS) it is the intestine becoming allergic to the food....my doctors have said that it is healthiest to change the diet every 4 months to prevent this reaction in an intestinally challenged breed....

beta could eat anything and have solid poop. then she became ill so fast that there was nothing we could do. she was fed eukanuba performance or premium for 3 years before i ran into her illness.....

this does not mean switch dog foods without doing a little mixing and weening them off....try to avoid the squirts per se....

i fully agree with this idea....that is how they would be in the wild....always changing what they eat....

the changes will help their bodies become stronger immune wise and less likely to have the time to create an allergy to the food.

I add boiled chicken, fresh garlic, eggs, pumpkin (great fiber to make poop solid) and some natural fruits like watermellon or anything that is pretty bland...

when beta was at her worst, i used cottage cheese as her main food....it was the only thing she could hold down...

i dont think you will have to worry unless you feed grapes all day every day...

everything in moderation...

Let them eat gwapes!! LOL

My favorite dog food: Natural Balance Duck and Potatoe and Innova Evo
    I can only find it in a feed store
    less poop, smaller scoops, richer food
    no preservatives, no rice, no corn, no wheat, no soy....

Suggested Topics