:( Sad circumstances…I must give my Nikita up...

• @Anubis's:

Ive contacted BRAT and hope they get with me soon.

my wife and i are not having much luck finding basenji's in the area, and especially basenji's in need adoption…i have developed allergies in the last few years and can only have a hypoallergenic dog...please contact me if she is still available anytime at four zero five-eight one six-eight four zero two

thank you and good luck

• Basenjis do blow coat so please visit with someone who owns them and lives with them in the house before you get one. Have you looked online at Basenji rescue www.basenjirescue.org and filled out an application? There are 4 in Texas and some are not posted yet. Even if the dog is not located in your state a transport can be done from another state.

Jennifer

• There really is no such thing as a hypoallergenic dog. Really. Lots of hype, no facts that they exist.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hypoallergenic-dog-breeds/AN01953 Don' have to believe me, this is Mayo Clinic:

Are there any hypoallergenic dog breeds?

Answer
    from James T C Li, M.D., Ph.D.

There is no such thing as a hypoallergenic dog breed, although some breeds may cause fewer allergy symptoms than others. Many people think that pet allergies are caused by a dog's or cat's fur, but the real source of pet allergies is often a protein that's in the saliva and urine of dogs and cats. This protein sticks to the dead, dried flakes (dander) from your pet's skin.

Some dog breeds, such as the soft-coated wheaten terrier, or mixed breeds such as the goldendoodle, are marketed as hypoallergenic dogs because they don't shed fur or they shed very little. Because these dogs don't shed, the allergy-causing dander that sticks to their fur doesn't get released into the air or onto the floor as much as it would with a shedding dog. While you may have fewer allergy symptoms with a so-called hypoallergenic dog than with a shedding dog, no dog breed is hypoallergenic. There's some research suggesting that female dogs and Labrador retrievers might put off lower amounts of dog allergens.

If you're allergic to dogs, but still want to have one, there are some things you can do to reduce your allergy symptoms:

Choose a smaller dog, which will shed less dander than will a larger dog.
    Keep your pet out of your bedroom and other rooms you spend a lot of time in.
    Keep your pet outside, if weather permits.
    Bathe your pet weekly to remove dander from its coat.
    Choose carpet-free flooring, or shampoo your carpet regularly.
    Use a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) air purifier and vent filters to help reduce airborne pet allergens.<<

Suggested Topics