Naming my litter. questions!!?!?

• @Buddys:

I agree, well said Robyn. A very well rounded reply, and I appreciate your time in explaining the options that are out there. I am not one who advocates adopting ONLY from a shelter or rescue. I love to hear that it happens, but totally respect the choice of wanting a pedigree. I just hope that anyone who breeds for what ever reason does follow responsible guidelines for the prospective new owners, health and welfare of the puppies, dams and sires, and of the wholesomeness(?) of the breed of choice.

I do have a waiting list for the future puppies (besides the ones that myself and the co breeder are keeping.) I also have a contract that states for any reason the puppies are welcome back at any time for any reason and i highly urge this to my potential owners (i say required but we all know that people fall through loops when you say required) anyways All of my dogs are health tested and the sire is health tested too. Fanconi, eyes, thyroid, and the hips I am waiting for results but she isnt in heat yet so i hope i will get it before they are bred. Trust me, I also know how rescues are. I have rescued (www.foreverfriendsrescue.webs.com) since 2008 when i rescued my first dog scheduled to be put down that day i went into the pound, and i never really stopped) so i know the effects that bad breeders can have on the dog population. Which is why we need to have more responsible breeders out there. Ones who do the health testing, ones who care where there puppies go, ones who want to help the breed, ones who give a $h!t. I love this breed. They are my world and i just cant live without them. They chose me. I chose them. Its the only breed that is right for ME. and I know this. I love showing (only been to a few so far, as i am fairly new) but i love it and i enjoy meeting new people that share the love of basenjis too and I enjoy the fun and sport of it. I really want to do what is right with breeding, which is why i have waited to find a good breeder to help me along and to help guide me as my mentor. Miah is a wonderful dog, so close to standard. and so pretty. nice pedigree and the most supurb temperament also. With my mating (dorsey x miah) I expect great things! Me and my co owner are really excited as is the sire owner. We cant wait for this litter. I know breeding is a huge controversy because of all the unwanted pets in the world, but i have been there with rescueing and if i truely didnt feel like my dog was worthy of it, and i truely didnt feel like I could do it CORRECTLY, i honestly wouldnt. but thank you for your input. I know you care, as do we. but i really am trying to do it right. Spent lots of money getting tests done, and finding a really nice bitch to start with, and getting the knowledge. (I got my first basenji 11 years ago! and i have researched and experienced the whole time!) After 11 years, i feel i am finally ready to take the step and breed my bitch to start my kennel where i want to continue to show and create loving, family pets. as well as fun things like coursing and agility, etc..

Suggested Topics