Female R/W- 1 year Old, York PA

• I'm surprised this one hasn't been flagged yet, as it mentions a $700 fee…. no wonder that can't afford to have her spayed!

http://york.craigslist.org/for/3197921973.html

It reads:

basenji - $700 (york)
    Date: 2012-08-10, 11:17PM EDT
    Reply to this post
    Reply to: 5kwc3-3197921973@sale.craigslist.org

I have a female basenji African dog, been around kids and a male dog doesn't get along with female dogs or cats, needs a lot of attention and a lot of exercise we are unable to give her the attention and freedom to run with having 3 kids to care for she loves to take walks and chew on her bone and she is crated during the day loves to snuggle. She is not spayed due to not being able to afford it She's 1 yr old and has her shots and paperwork contact this ad if interested price is negotiable. Pictures are available if interested in the dog
    attachment_t_13946_0_york-female-1-yr.jpg

• Perhaps bought at a pet store and paid a high price!

Jennifer

• I saw their original post a few weeks ago and in that one they were asking for $1500, but said they were "negotiable". Sad that getting enough money is more important than making sure she goes to the right place.

• Advertised as an African dog! Owners did not know what type of dog they were buying. This is near Amish country-only 25 miles away from Lancaster and I wonder if they bought her from a local breeder. Has anyone contacted them to find out any additional information like registration, breeder, etc.?

Jennifer

Suggested Topics