Skip to content

Pet Thyroid medication recall

Basenji Health Issues & Questions
  • Since I know there are many hypothyroid Basenjis, this information should be relevant.

    http://atwork.avma.org/2012/08/28/thyroid-medications-recalled/

    Here?s a list of the products that have been recalled:

    Lloyd Thyro Tab 0.3mg in 1000 ct NDC# 11789-253-20 KB15711
    Lloyd Thyro Tab 0.3mg in 120ct NDC#11789-253-10 KB15711
    Lloyd Thyro Tab 1.0mg in 1000ct NDC# 11789-268-20 KB17311
    Lloyd Thyro Tab 1.0mg in 120ct NDC# 11789-268-10 KB17311
    Lloyd Thyro Tab 0.7mg in 1000ct NDC# 11789-257-20 KB18011
    Lloyd Thyro Tab 0.7mg in 120ct NDC# 11789-257-10 KB18011
    Lloyd Thyro Tab 0.2mg in 1000ct NDC# 11789-252-20 KA16611
    Lloyd Thyro Tab 0.2mg in 120ct NDC# 11789-252-10 KA16611
    Vedco Thyrosyn Tab 0.8mg in 1000ct NDC# 50989-204-53 KD11711, KD11711A
    Vedco Thyrosyn Tab 0.3mg in 1000ct NDC# 50989-201-53 KB13611, KB13611A
    Vedco Thyrosyn Tab 0.3mg in 180ct NDC# 50989-201-86 KB13611, KB13611A
    Vedco Thyrosyn Tab 0.7mg in 180ct NDC# 50989-283-86 KB18011, KB18011A
    Clipper Thyrozine Tab 0.3mg in 1000ct NDC# 57319-333-16 KB13611, KB13611a, KB15711
    Clipper Thyrozine Tab 0.3mg in 180ct NDC# 57319-333-31 KB15711F
    Clipper Thyrozine Tab 0.7mg in 1000ct NDC# 57319-337-16 KB18011
    Clipper Thyrozine Tab 0.7mg in 180ct NDC# 57319-337-31 KB18011F, KB18011FA

  • Thanks! I have 2 on meds but they take soloxine.

Suggested Topics

  • Pet Health Insurance

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    5k Views
    N
    @smharr4: I also have a Care Credit card (http://www.carecredit.com/) which will allow me to pay the bill at the vet immediately, then I can just transfer the money between bank accounts (which takes a few days) so the Care Credit card is payed off before any interest accrues. At least one of our local vets also has a 'promissory note' payment scheme where you pay half when you pick up your pet then spreads the rest out over 3-4 months, that can come in handy too sometimes. Thanks for the tip. I will ask my vet if he has any 'promissory note' scheme. That sounds good, and…yes it would come in handy!
  • Thyroid protocol

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    BARTB
    You know, he's always seemed kinda 'laid-back' compared to my previous B-boy, but he was 5 when I got him. I just thought, knowing a bit of his background (he was previously in a home with a special needs child), that he was just that way. Maybe he has had this thyroid issue for a longer time than it took to manifest itself, physically. BTW, the backstory I heard for him involved a neighbor teen that was, supposedly, tortuous to the dog, ultimately leading to a bite. The dog and special needs child were best of friends. all of this could be 'horse hockey'….but even the vet has said he has a great personality.
  • Possible Thyroid Problem

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    10k Views
    nomrbddgsN
    Add to Dan's list mental dullness stunted growth polyneuropathy weakness hyperexcitability incontinence muscle wasting drooping eyelids pyoderma or skin infections bilaterally symmetrical hair loss seborrhea with greasy or dry skin lack of libido cardiac arrhythmias constipation diarrhea inflammatory bowel disease flatulence bleeding issues corneal lipid deposits infections of eyelid glands uveitis (infection of the eye) igA deficiency (immunoglobulin deficiency) loss of tast endorcrinopathies - adrenal, pancreatic, parathyroid loss of smell glycosuria (glucose present in urine) I think between Dan and I we have it about covered, but they are adding new symptoms all the time. Macpack-you have it about right! Actually, I think your chances of being hit by a meteor are nonexistent to the syptoms of thyroiditis!
  • Thyroid Testing…

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    9k Views
    Rita JeanR
    That is really good news from Dr. Dobbs. I hope the cream and med's help and soon. Rita Jean
  • Thyroid testing

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    sekoS
    Very good link, thank you for sharing it :cool:
  • Who has pet insurance?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    5k Views
    jys1011J
    We use PetCare Insurance & considering how many times I've been to the Vet this year with one dog alone :eek: I think it's SO worth it :) I also think that if (heavens forbid) your dog ever got into a serious injury that required surgery or long term care that would be insanely expensive. And most people would opt not to go through with it at the risk of losing their beloved dog. Like most insurance policies you're paying a premium for the potential possibilities that you'll need it one day…life insurance (I've been paying forever & every year I neve cash in LOL :D), medical insurance, homeowners insurance...etc.