• @eeeefarm:

Otherwise I don't see any reason for your "surprise package" other than spite. Yeah, I know, dogs don't do that. But I have seen too many cases with Basenjis to rule it out! 🙂 (their inner "cat" coming out!)

Regarding spite - it does happen. This year, I decided to give each neighbour in our cul-de-sac an autumn sunflower. They sprouted successfully and since then I have been prepping them for delivery. Yesterday I put some coloured rocks on top of the soil, staked them all and prepared the care cards for them.

At one point I ran into the house to watch the Olympic men's 200 meters. Kipawa normally follows me wherever I go. This time he didn't. I hadn't noticed that until he jumped up on the couch with a bright green sunflower leaf in his mouth. Now if THAT isn't saying "these things are getting too much attention" I don't know what else Kipawa might be saying. 🙂

This weekend we will be walking the neighbourhood and delivering them. Kipawa will be with me. I know he's going to love seeing them leaving the backyard. 😃

• Aw Oakley. You need to have a talk with Greta. She not only holds it all night but in the morning I have to drag her out of bed and she still won't go. I won't play games so she holds it all day till I get home from work- and she's not crated. Only once did she poop inside and that's after 3 days of torrential downpours and it came out like a rock. Bladder of steel.

• We had an older rescue who was used to getting up early between 5 to 6 a.m. We had to take her out and none of the other dogs would go out with her as they were still in bed under the covers. It was like she had an internal alarm clock. It did not matter what time we went to bed or what time she had been out the night before.

Jennifer

Suggested Topics