• There are a number of foods available that are straight meat…. Is Potato on the list? Try www.wysong.net and see what they have to offer… also there are rabbit and sweet potato or Venison and potato....

• great. I guess I'm being too dramatic it's due to the fact that I have 2 bags of dry food and about 5 cans of wet food all with the listed no no foods. Well at least we can live with his allergies, not really a big deal. I also think now that we switch his food his coat might get that nice brown/reddish shine it used to have and maybe the shedding will cease a bit. I'll tell you though this B is a whole lot of work, in every way manageable. The little brat is lucky he's so darn cute and we love him so much.

• My youngest, now 12 has a terrible allergy to corn… she would rip the pads on her paws, dig like crazy on the rug (in order to scratch the pads) rub her ears, twitch them all the time... especially directly after eating... she was a mess until we figured out it was corn... once we stopped that she was fine.. however, she does have allergies to other things, just nothing like the corn... most grains she does have problems with.... she is fine with all meat and rice also... That is how I started with California Natural food and at that time I used Chicken and Rice... that was the only grain type product. Over the years she is not as bad, except for the corn....

• Another food to look at is EVO, it has no grains at all….

http://www.evopet.com/

• IVD food is available from the vet. I use it. There's rabbit, duck and potato, venison,,,etc. The ingredients have no extra stuff that can irritate allergies…

• Basenjihunt that is the food my vet suggested. Good maybe we will go that route since it's just down the block. If you don't mind, how much do you pay?

• I went to the pet store yesturday hoping to find some food that doesn 't contain the allergens but everything contains carrots and peas. Wanted to get some snacks and sure enough they all contain soy which our little one is also allergic too. Wanted to get some doggie bones, pig ears..didn't have the ingredients listed so didn't want to take a chance. I will be ordering the IVD food from the vet but now what about the treats. I'll start giving him some turkey hot dogs for snacks, cheese, but what about store bout treat, any suggestions?

• Depends on how much work you want to do, but I take some cheap supermarket chicken breasts, put them on a sheet pan with a little garlic powder sprinkled over them. Slow cook them at about 200-250 degrees, cut them up into chunks, freeze them, or just refrigerate. They'll go nuts over them!!!:)

• You may want to look into the Wellness Pure Rewards Treats, these are grain free treats, http://www.oldmotherhubbard.com/wellness/dog_wellness_treats_pure_rewards.html

Also their Whitefish and Sweet Potato Well Bars, these do have some grains,
    http://www.oldmotherhubbard.com/wellness/dog_wellness_treats_wellbars.html

• he's allergic to corn, peas, chicken, soy, the list continues so it's hard.

Suggested Topics