• Yes, two pounds is good news! Two more, and he won't look like a starveling. He's been asking for seconds at night when it's something he likes. Quite a change from a month ago!

• Super news, so happy that he is doing so well!

• I know that people become extremely confused due to high ammonia levels. This is usually a liver related problem. Not sure it applies to dogs but it was the first thing that came to my mind.

• Thank you, Lisa67, for the suggestion! Spencer's ammonia levels aren't high. The vet doesn't think his high ALKP is liver disease, since his other liver enzymes are fine. At this point, given the lack of evidence to the contrary, it seems to be a combination of the dental infection and the Fanconi. We are hoping/guessing that when he has his next blood panel, it will have dropped back some. At any rate, he's feeling better– pretty good, really, for a 14-year-old!

• @ownedbyspencer:

Yes, two pounds is good news! Two more, and he won't look like a starveling. He's been asking for seconds at night when it's something he likes. Quite a change from a month ago!

Zest! has about 2 extra pounds he could have. Jet the trying also has a few to spare. I wonder if I can send them via the USpost.

• @agilebasenji:

Zest! has about 2 extra pounds he could have. Jet the trying also has a few to spare. I wonder if I can send them via the USpost.

Spencer says "send 'em on– Priority Mail, please!"

Though if he keeps being a little platelicker, he may reclaim his "love handles." For now, he is still the Angelina Jolie of the dog world.

Suggested Topics