Skip to content

I'm So Happy!!!!

Behavioral Issues
  • :) Stella got to meet another B and she did not try to hurt him she was playing. I am so proud of my little girl. She always trys to fight w/ other dogs but not this B and they just moved 3 houses down from me.:) :D She has never seen another B before:cool:

  • B's are "breedist" sometimes. I think that's why they keep a clean bloodline back in Africa. A lot of b's just don't much care for other breeds of dogs.

  • Our Bs so far have been really great with other dogs. They met a big black lab, and they played together really well. They met our friends' 2 HUGE Great Danes, and they were good then too. Also with the neighbor's shepherd mix, and my mom's German Shepherd and Bulldog/Boxer mix. They have yet to meet another B though. We'll see!

  • Congrats, I hope she continues to enjoy playing with her new friend!

  • i was really worried about taking my new basenji to the dog park this past weekend, because his last owner said he was bad with other dogs, but he had so much fun! i'm proud of him! he even got a girlfriend (and boyfriend!!) (this gorgeous rosey light fawn-greyish colored italian greyhound - absolutely beautiful!) and then this grey male i.g. started humping him, lol.. that's the boyfriend :p . so good job to your basenji! it's so nice to see them get along with others!

Suggested Topics

  • He's Destroying the Couch

    Behavioral Issues
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    6k Views
    E
    Have you considered the use of dog anti-chew spray on your furniture or personal belongings? Of course, the spray needs to be all-natural, no chemicals and with no side-effects. Is there anyone who has made use of these type of sprays to protect your furniture from being chewed and damaged by the Basenji? I have read that Trixie Knabber Stop Spray is a good product.
  • 0 Votes
    15 Posts
    9k Views
    BarklessdogB
    Agreed. Sometimes I think the grosser it is they more they enjoy seeing our faces when they do it.
  • Basenji, I'm Overwhelmed…..HELP!!!

    Behavioral Issues
    63
    0 Votes
    63 Posts
    49k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Folks ignore Pottypuppy… spammer link to blog selling.
  • 0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    S
    Very good advice, please let us know if it works.
  • I don't know what to do :(

    Behavioral Issues
    40
    0 Votes
    40 Posts
    21k Views
    kngK
    After having my girl for several years she become very irritable and out of control. She even attacked a friend's dog. It ended up she was diabetic. She is now on insulin. Now when she get irritable I know her glucose is out of control again and off to vet to adjust her dose. You really need to rule out all possible medical issues. If it isn't medical you might want to look at other option. It might be a little weird to some people but I have had a lot of luck with pet communicator with different pets over the years. It can help, just make sure you find a good one. Check out web site for someone I used in the past http://www.petcommunicator.com/
  • About at my wit's end

    Behavioral Issues
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    tanzaT
    I like that… "senior moments"...ggg that is it exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!