Gift Exchange: Winter Holidays 2011

• Maybe we should be asking if Alex is okay - or just overwhelmed by the response to participate.

• @wizard:

Maybe we should be asking if Alex is okay - or just overwhelmed by the response to participate.

Very nice thought, Wizard.

• First Basenji's

Alex, hope all is well.

Our household has, frankly, gained a reputation as being the couple that "Keeps Christmas going into the new year." So in my mind, there is still plenty for the gift exchange to happen. 😉

• Hey Folks,

Sorry about the delay, it's been a busy last 7 days due to some unexpected events, but everything is well now. Basenji buddies have been assigned and emails sent out. Looking forward to all the gift unwrapping photos and stories.

• I've got my Basenji buddy!!

Christmas shopping this weekend!!! can't wait!!!

• Shopping here too, probably today! This is going to be fun!

• Whoohoo. Got my B buddy. Time to go shopping!!

• First Basenji's

Did a little shopping today. Came home and the dogs were very confused why I was not distributing the goods from the big bag of goodies! I'm participating in a Shiba gift exchange too, so there was a bit of stuff in there. 🙂 Anyway, I had to take the bag out to the car because Bowdu was stalking the bag, even when I tried to put it out of view in the closet.

• Mine is packaged and ready to be shipped (I had the day off yesterday)!

• Mine is off in the mail today. My B buddy should see it in about 6-8 days. Do we tell our B buddy that we got them? Or is it secret?

• It should be a surprise and everyone should post photos into this thread once their basenjis open the packages.

• Kipawa says, "Santa has a delivery on the way for my basenji Christmas buddy, so watch out for his reindeer and sleigh"!

• Did Kipawa open his present yet??????

• No, Kipawa has not opened a present yet. But he believes he is on the Basenji Santa's list because he has been a good boy this year, learning many skills and pleasing his humans very much. He's also been told by his humans that the best part of Christmas is in giving - be it by finding a present, a prayer or a kind word for someone. And sometimes just a basenji smile can be the best present of all.

• Doh…
    I was all excited to do my gift exchange shopping, and then I was standing in (a very long) post office line to mail it when it occurred to me that, I DIDN'T WRAP IT!! (Joanne you moron). Sooo... if your Basenji gets a package from me, um, it's not wrapped. Sorry. But I did send a card :o
    -Joanne

• I didn't get a chance to wrap mine either. We went shopping and then straight to the post office because then I would have had to go home and probably not get it out until next week. So we just kinda jammed it in a box, taped it up and sent it on its way. So yeah sorry from me too. (I didn't even get a card :() I am in t-r-o-u-b-l-e.

• See, that is why we all love our dogs so much. They don't care about things being wrapped, cards being sent… "just gimme whatever it is you have there for me" is what they are thinking. Other thoughts are "mmmmmm... love those treats", "wow, this toy just rocks" and "come on, let's play now". 🙂

• Wembly Alberta – did you receive your package yet (I sent it through regular mail)?

• Sent our buddy there gift on Friday, why should receive it today or Tues. Hope you enjoy it.:)

• Hey Wizard I left your a PM.

Suggested Topics