Toys to keep them busy in the crate?

• Our vet said that bone chew was bad for thier teeth, that it loosenses them from the gums?

• @Barklessdog:

Our vet said that bone chew was bad for thier teeth, that it loosenses them from the gums?

Is this true? In the wild wouldn't dog chew on bones anyways? Mine loves all bones. Usually I get my marrow bones from the butcher.

• What about them eating the shards of the bones?

• Both my breeder and my vet said bones are fine and help clean teeth but the bones are NOT cooked. As a result there are no shards. I have given turkey/chicken necks but never the other bones from birds as they tend to be skinny and fragile to start with.

• Frozen food is very good. I usually give my dogs raw bones/marrow bones and meat with bones that I find cheap. Turkey necks are also very good for keeping them pups busy for a while.

I'm kinda scared to give my dogs toys alone, especially in a crate where they can easily get very bored. Chew and eat a rubber toy, isn't good for a dog stomach. You can get the same problem with bones too, but they are probably easier to digest, than rubber/plastic.

And remember, always feed RAW bones, never cooked! Cooked bones splinter easily, and can tear up a stomach … good to remember. 🙂

Suggested Topics