Skip to content

Tail is getting thin?

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Getting off the leash

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    BorbasukB
    I know what you mean Patty; but I always made sure to do this and it didn't make any difference. It's not every dog I've had that could do this; most can't but once they figure it out the first time they always seem to do it again.
  • A Basenji Tail :)

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    Forever AmberF
    @khanis: Very bizarre… I heard a story like this years ago but had forgotten all about it. Story was VERY similar. Thanks for the jog down memory lane. Wish you could remember. The story behind the story for me. I must have been in 4th or 5th grade (so would have been 1971 or 72) and had to write a story along the lines of Paul Bunyan, a tall tale. My mother was helping me and told me this story as an example and being the rotten kid I was I wrote it down and turned it in :rolleyes:. Since its almost 40 years later it's not exactly as told given the years and memory loss I filled in what I couldnt remember. I do recall my teacher telling me that my story was not a tall tale not sure what grade I got on it more than likely it was what I deserved:(
  • Look What Maya Is Getting!

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    KipawaK
    Maya looks great in that picture, and I am sure she will look spectacular in purple.
  • Tail curl

    Basenji Talk
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    10k Views
    BasenjiDivaB
    Jayden and Cory have pretty tight curls and Jayden can wear his on the right sie or left side. Sometimes Jayden's tail looks like a cinnabon lying on top of his butt. When they are relaxed, their tails go fairly straight. The last little crook in the tip of the tail is the only part that never straightens. Pat
  • Tail Chasing

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    jys1011J
    YES!! C3 does the same thing…I always feel guilty that maybe he's got more energy to burn so he chases his tail. If I'm REALLY feeling guilty I'll take him out for a quick run around the yard or a walk around the block :)
  • How to get ink off?

    Basenji Talk
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    9k Views
    T
    Hello, I have some ideas for your stains. Everything these ladies have been saying is correct. Hairspray definately works for ink stains, it has been tried and tested many times by myself. It works on all fabric types from synthetics to vinyls and all polycotton and cotton blends. Just spray your carpet (I like to over spray usually) and take some carpet cleaner and it should wash out. The Tide pen is a miracle in it's self, I too have recently discovered. Spot shot works really good on most stains, it used to be a household necessity until we got our Hoover Steam Cleaner. No pet owner should be without one!:D As far as the Basenji, good ol soap and water does the trick with some elbow grease! I am disgusted to say that my boyfriend one day decided he was going to give Tang a tatoo using a black sharpie marker. I got mad at him and took Metinga upstairs and washed her head until it came off. It did not take that long maybe about 10-15 min of washing and the white was good as new. I used a bit of dog shampoo as well.:D