• She has an issue with 'frequent small feedings', she would prefer frequent large feedings!
    Still needs more rest than usual but has spent time in the sunshine today, and curled up next to Chipley. So far, so good.

• Sounds like she is on the mend! 🙂

• @MacPack:

She has an issue with 'frequent small feedings', she would prefer frequent large feedings!

Zest! seconds this idea!

• Nicky continues to improve, eating well, activity seems normal but she does tire quickly. Other than that she is her normal 'cranky-funny' self. Whew. Going to make cookies all evening Wednesday to take when we go to follow-up on Thursday, for all the vets and ICU staff. Words (and money) aren't enough to thank them for saving my baby!

• Today Nicky's internist Dr. Weaver said she is amazing, pancreas is still a little enlarged but otherwise the pancreatitis seems over. She can go back to her regular Kibble (I took the nutritional breakdown for doc to see) and we have to be sure she doesn't get any fatty foods (sorry, no more cheese bites, Nick). It was an expensive week but having Nicky healthy and happy again, Priceless! I took a huge (grocery) bag of homemade oatmeal, and chocolate chip, cookies for the office and hospital staff, they all knew Nicky, the "vocal, unhappy" basenji. It is such a comfort knowing there are real experts just a half hour away!

We are hoping this will be an isolated episode, but will be watching for recurrence (vomiting, diarrhea, belly pain). She sure was happy to have a bowl of kibble for dinner!

• I am so glad to hear that Nicky is on the mend!

debbi j.

• That's wonderful news! I am happy for you. 🙂

• YEAH!!! Great news and I know you are super relieved.

• Hooray for Nicky 🙂

Glad she is all better again… 😃

• So glad to hear that Nicky is back to her usual self. Hopefully, she'll never have it again!

Suggested Topics