Skip to content

6 Months Now

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Avg. 5 Month Weight?

    Basenji Talk
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    7k Views
    MicahM
    [URL removed] I used this when my boy was a baby and if he was underweight I would increase his food and if he was on the right track I would keep the same amount. It’s good to have a look at the dogs behind your pup to see how the dogs in his lines turned out full grown if they was compact, slim etc. I feed raw and used this guide FOR DOGS ​ An adult dog needs around 2 – 3 % of their total body weight each day. To maintain your dog's weight 2.5% and to fatten up a skinny dog 3%. For a porky pooch it is recommended to reduce to 2% to help slim. Puppies may need up to need up to 8 - 10 % of their bodyweight to aid growth.
  • Any tips on watery eyes for our ~5-month-old B?

    Basenji Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    6k Views
    tanzaT
    @pawla - Entropion is for sure a possible. Basenjis are know known for this but I have known a couple of Basenjis with this issue.
  • Basenji Club of America is now on YouTube

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    M
    Thanks! very interesting!
  • Kipawa is now home from the vet

    Basenji Talk
    27
    0 Votes
    27 Posts
    12k Views
    lvossL
    It just takes time.
  • Watson is now a breed ambassador :)

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    MothM
    @sharronhurlbut: How about agility for Watson? My girl loves it and I don't care if she "makes" her own course, as long as she is having fun! Agility classes are definitely in our future. Right now we are working on obedience :) He is a super dog to work with.
  • Spayed my girl and now shes sick ..help!!

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    P
    Heidi might be allergic to penicillin. It might be an idea to contact the breeder and find out about the medical history of Heidi's for-bearers. For a long time after I got Mister Two Dicks, he would throw up for what I though was no reason. I would give him dry food, he would throw up. I would give him canned food, he would throw up. I would give him beef bones, he would throw up. After much complaining to his breeder and others, it suddenly dawned on his breeder that Mister Two Dicks' grandfather was allergic to beef. Ever since, no beef, no throw ups. It could be that Heidi is allergic to something and it is hereditary. Just a thought.