Skip to content

6 Months Now

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Avg. 5 Month Weight?

    Basenji Talk
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    7k Views
    MicahM
    [URL removed] I used this when my boy was a baby and if he was underweight I would increase his food and if he was on the right track I would keep the same amount. It’s good to have a look at the dogs behind your pup to see how the dogs in his lines turned out full grown if they was compact, slim etc. I feed raw and used this guide FOR DOGS ​ An adult dog needs around 2 – 3 % of their total body weight each day. To maintain your dog's weight 2.5% and to fatten up a skinny dog 3%. For a porky pooch it is recommended to reduce to 2% to help slim. Puppies may need up to need up to 8 - 10 % of their bodyweight to aid growth.
  • Can a 3 month old b go outside?

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    Chealsie508C
    I can say we just had a blizzard and have been getting one to two storms a week. Oakley has a Hurrta coat, a snood which he sometimes uses as a neck warmer and boots used for wet snow or extremely cold weather. Despite that his paw pads started bleeding yesterday mid walk…he really can't handle the constant snow,ice,cold and ice melt.. I think you should be able to bring your pup out; just keep an eye on any signs of hard shivering or motionless (not wanting to move), lifting up of one foot at a time and staring at you. All those can be signs of cold uncomfortability. Congrats on your new pup and I do agree to use caution around dogs you aren't familiar with, but also keep in mind socialization is super important as well. Try for positive experiences with dogs at a safe distance and try to get in up close experiences with dogs whose medical history and owner reliability are there
  • Basenji Club of America is now on Facebook

    Basenji Talk
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    No one has replied
  • Kipawa is now home from the vet

    Basenji Talk
    27
    0 Votes
    27 Posts
    12k Views
    lvossL
    It just takes time.
  • First Time Basenji-Less in 18 Months!

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    L
    I can relate. Mine's vacationing at her grandma's for the second time this summer. I'd say the house is too quiet without her but come to think of it it's quiet when she IS here! Don't sleep too good though–-there's a little empty spot behind my knees....
  • Now I know why there is a basenji-forum

    Basenji Talk
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    7k Views
    L
    THe place we kennel our dogs (also go to day camp every other Friday) love our Basenjis. They beg us to bring them back and someone there has asked us every time we have been there about when we were getting our new pupy since we called and asked how old they had to be to start going. That place is missing out big time.