Skip to content

6 Months Now

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Avg. 5 Month Weight?

    Basenji Talk
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    7k Views
    MicahM
    [URL removed] I used this when my boy was a baby and if he was underweight I would increase his food and if he was on the right track I would keep the same amount. It’s good to have a look at the dogs behind your pup to see how the dogs in his lines turned out full grown if they was compact, slim etc. I feed raw and used this guide FOR DOGS ​ An adult dog needs around 2 – 3 % of their total body weight each day. To maintain your dog's weight 2.5% and to fatten up a skinny dog 3%. For a porky pooch it is recommended to reduce to 2% to help slim. Puppies may need up to need up to 8 - 10 % of their bodyweight to aid growth.
  • Now tht's agood idea!!!!

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    V
    @zande said in Now tht's agood idea!!!!: I think Ms Lipman actually owns a Basenji ! In fact I am sure she does Yahh! I agree with you.
  • Spayed my girl and now shes sick ..help!!

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    P
    Heidi might be allergic to penicillin. It might be an idea to contact the breeder and find out about the medical history of Heidi's for-bearers. For a long time after I got Mister Two Dicks, he would throw up for what I though was no reason. I would give him dry food, he would throw up. I would give him canned food, he would throw up. I would give him beef bones, he would throw up. After much complaining to his breeder and others, it suddenly dawned on his breeder that Mister Two Dicks' grandfather was allergic to beef. Ever since, no beef, no throw ups. It could be that Heidi is allergic to something and it is hereditary. Just a thought.
  • Our Basenji and Our 19 Month Old

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    bellabasenjiB
    WoooHoooo Corky, way to go… good boy!!!:D:D:D:D:D
  • My Puppy Wont Let Me Sleep Now!!!

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    E
    I haven't slept past 5:30 am more than a handful of times in the last year! Our older dog (not a B) hears the neighbor's truck, when he leaves for work, and decides that is when she should go out! Fortunately for me, most of the time (notice I say MOST) both dogs go back to sleep after a quick trip to the yard.
  • A Basenji Blessing! Now I have gone and done it!!!!

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    tanzaT
    And from another Type II Diabetic…. congrats Jason... very impressive! indeed... I have been lucky that I have been able to manage without meds....