• Oh, My!!!!!

• Kathy, the person says going to neuter both on Monday. Hope that they are and will stick around and learn from here.

• Yes, its difficult but not imposible to bread on Latin America, M?xico or Indonesian, but need to have patience, make a buck not with the dogs and wait until the right dog shows up.

And then, still need to think what its the purpose of breeding her.

The only purpose for a lot of people is make some money with the dogs.

But if you read on these forum you can notice that even on the USA are irresponsible breeders, so need to learn from the people that really loves the dogs. And stay away from breeding any kind of dog until you know what are you doing.

Happily you are taking the most happy desicion. 🙂

Enjoy your dogs and get patience, and about the vets.. well, the most of them ever on their lives have seen a basenji until you walk into their practices. So i prefer to search and read by my self.

Dont bread a sick dog! a friend breed his bulldog and first lost almost the full litter, then the only survivor and the mom get sick! And the mom finally pass away. After suffer a lot of surgerys for a lot of complications and my friend that really loves her, spent a lot of money on vet bills.

There is no fanconi test outside USA.. just on Europe and by mail from USA.

I wanna breed some time a basenji litter, but will wait until i get the fanconi, the right dogs and have some money ready to spent on the matter, from my work, not from my female.

Really dont breed a sick dog, is unnatural and the natural dont forget, forgive and return a high hard prize on that mistake.

• This very well written and excellent advice, Maca.

• @Maca:

There is no fanconi test outside USA.. just on Europe and by mail from USA.

The fanconi test is by mail EVERYWHERE. It isn't done in a vet clinic. We go online and order it, so ANYONE ANYWHERE can order it.
    It is easily done even in remote places.
    It might take a while to get the cheek swab in the mail, but doing this will save heartache later.

Good for you Maca for making a wise choice!

Suggested Topics