Skip to content

Pass It Along: Great Doggie Items

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Great Dogumentary!!! (BBC)

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    dmeyD
    Really interesting.. and funny how.. some of the wolf traits in the experiment are very familiar…....
  • Some great old Basenji films

    Basenji Talk
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    8k Views
    proteinmanP
    Thanks for posting these vids. How you found them is amazing.
  • Doggie coats

    Basenji Talk
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    8k Views
    WBLW
    @TuckerVA: There is a Mexican Hairless in my neighborhood and he's got a -40F coat. It also has a knitted neck that comes up to the ears almost. Not sure what brand/type it is, but I can check if anyone is interested… It just doesn't get that cold here in Va, at least not in the 10 years I've been here. I think it rarely gets below the high teens here. I would be interested in that
  • Great places to Vacation with basenjis

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    annandaelA
    Umm I'll try to forget that place…has family in Brick.
  • Doggie backpacks

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    luzmery928L
    Yeah and it's not like my B is helpful. He's looking at me like what now mommy first the coat and booties and now this…how are the boys at the park gonna take me seriously..lol
  • Doggie Day Care

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    VanessaV
    @jessi76: I used a dog daycare often when my dog was young, and still use it on occassion. I looked for the same things ChaseandZahrasmom's mentioned, but I also chose the one I use because it's the same place I train my dog. The staff in the daycare knew my dog from classes, they used the same training methods throughout the day (so it continually reinforced what we learned), and it was double fenced & gated… even inside. on my dog's first day he only had a human buddy all day. then on day 2 he got introduced to another dog, close in age/size/temperment. day 3 they added another friend. They kept a file listing his "friends" so the staff always knew what playgroup to put him in. They took special care during the cold months and rainy weather to keep him warm & dry. and they only crated for 1 hr during the work day. the place I use is $25/day, which to me and my budget is alot of money, but I also think it's a very fair price to pay for the quality of care my dog gets there, which is really most important. If you have multiple places to choose from in your area, I'd drop by un-announced, so you can see what a typical day is like. Showing up without an appointment sounds like a good idea. I didin't think about that. Thank you :)