Stressed out about this behaviour and need help…..

• First Basenji's

I have the same issue with Mojo, but in his case he only likes to go after bigger dogs ( especially pitbulls!!) We quit going to the dog park, and if we do try to go back, we do it when almost nobody is there. He loves dogs smaller than him- maybe a bit of Napoleon Syndrome?

• I agree with JayCee. I had to know his limits with my male and not put him in a position where he would fail.

As yes, some dog owners dont understand the basenji play, but some do. I have met a great bunch of folks at the park who have taken some time with their dogs to help mine out. Very much appreciated.

No matter what kind of dog you have, there will always be that one person at the park the park who has a problem. I avoid those folks. I also want the park to be safe for all. If someone brings their children in, I remove my dogs immediately since i dont know how they are with children. Always be respectful of other owners and dogs at the park.

Anyway, i want my basenjis to be able to play with any kind of dog and not just basenjis. Success so far.

Suggested Topics