Skip to content

Charo stuffed toy

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji toys and games

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    5k Views
    ?
    Kaiser doesn't really have any except his game of steal the humans clothes or whatever mum forgets and leaves in his reach, I know he has something because of the wooden floors as I can hear his prancing around sound, does love his kong ball which has a hole in it which I stuff with freeze dried tripe which when he can't be bothered getting it out plays " here human get it out for me" and bugs us with it until we relent, bugging the cat is a game he likes but doesn't last long as the cat has other ideas. Jolanda and Kaiser
  • Nicole made her own stuffed toy..

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    P
    I think there are a whole lot of us on here who have the same experiences. After a time you learn to laugh a lot at it. I have done more sewing with the basenjis than I ever had with my children. Having just patched up a sofa cushion today I came into the room to find that the zip has been carefully removed. It might be time to throw it away now and start again!!!!!
  • Toys that move?

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    nomrbddgsN
    You could also try the small RC cars. The B's really like it as well as this little helicopter thing I have. They also like my furry blue pig-but they can't have that one!!
  • Favorite Chew Toys

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    JazzysMomJ
    Oh yes, I've stepped on my fair share of hooves in the night, in the morning, in the afternoon… when they seem pretty well-chewed on, I toss 'em.
  • Rawhide and chew toys???

    Basenji Talk
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    11k Views
    B
    @tanza: Hoofs can also cause slab fractures of the teeth, so be careful… and there is nothing worse then getting up in the middle of the night and stepping on a well chewed hoof.... NOT I've stepped on one of those and danced around a little.:eek:
  • Basenjis and Toys!

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    7k Views
    equis8E
    :) For the most part the only toys that hold up in my house are kongs, the "plush" toys made for dogs who destroy do last for a few weeks, but thats about it. I get the "mean kitty" and "mad cow" dolls for them every so often, and there are these wabba toys that you can get that are made from recycled firehose material. They all have fun chewing and chasing these toys. I have a couple of "tough dog" toys that are sorta like fabric frisbees, that have lasted for almost a year! the squeekers have since died in both of them, but the pups still like to tug them around, and have me throw them. I keep a lot of recreational bones and such available in the house, and some cow hooves which take them awhile to chew on. But its hard to find good bones for them because they can not be beef. If I get them without any marrow, or any meaty material than we can have them, but otherwise we have to steer clear because my Masi is allergic to beef. So when I get marrow bones, I actually take all the marrow out, and wash the bones before they get them. It's sorta sad really, she loves them so much! kim~