• So we added a new puppy this weekend! Yes, we have officially passed into the threshold of insanity!

Her name is Ariel (like the Princess that she is). Her registered name is Avongara Ariel. Avongara is the registered name that indicates she is 100% decended from the Basenjis imported from Africa in 1987-88. Her breeder is Jeff Gillespie.

She is really sweet, and of course cute! And so far…she seems behaviorally just like our 100% domestics (no new African blood).

She is brindle with a saddle and remnants of a mask. I posted some pics, but will post more when I get some better ones!

P.S. you know what is hard? Trying to potty train a puppy, and a three year old human at the same time :eek:

• Wow Andrea! I don't know whether to congratulate you or schedule you for a "white coat" fitting! :eek: :eek: :eek: 😃

I'll go with congratulations!;)

• @alkite:

Wow Andrea! I don't know whether to congratulate you or schedule you for a "white coat" fitting! :eek: :eek: :eek: 😃

I'll go with congratulations!;)

He,he..thanks! And better call my blood pressure doc too! 😉

• Very cool, huge congrats, can't wait for pics

• Andrea may the force be with you…potty training human & pooch oh my! :eek:

• Can't wait to see more pics. How cool it is to have 100% African. Good luck with all the potty training . . . wow!

• I'm trying to potty train mine as well, day three and only one accident so far crosses fingers good luck with yours as well! (does yours fart so much too? :x I keep thinking she crapped herself LOL)

~Kat

• Kat - that is quite a picture you created…. with the farting. ROFLOL

• <>
    Actually...no!?!....puppies that fart too much *might be eating too much?! or eating a food that they don't digest very well? or just getting used to a new food....

• @Quercus:

<>
    Actually...no!?!....puppies that fart too much *might be eating too much?! or eating a food that they don't digest very well? or just getting used to a new food....

hmm well I got Bil Jack Puppy Food, which is what the breeder was feeding them when I got there, and this was her third litter so far
    maybe I'm feeding her too much? the bag says 10 lbs. or less get a 1 cup scoop (I used a baking measuring cup) and the breeder told me to feed her three times a day while potty training, maybe I miss understood and am giving her too much, I give her the 1 cup each feeding, should it be a total of 1 cup all day? hmmm
    ~Kat

• <_>

I would guess yes. My puppy is 10 weeks, and she probably weights 8lbs. She eats a total of 1-1.5 cup of Innova Puppy food each day. I give her one adult size biscuit, and a few training treats most days also.

I don't know what is in Bil Jack. But if there is corn, it might make her more gassy.

Who is her breeder?_

• I agree with Andrea that is probably too much food, my 12 week old puppy is also getting about 1-1.5 cups of Wellness Puppy food plus training treats.

• @Quercus:

<_>

I would guess yes. My puppy is 10 weeks, and she probably weights 8lbs. She eats a total of 1-1.5 cup of Innova Puppy food each day. I give her one adult size biscuit, and a few training treats most days also.

I don't know what is in Bil Jack. But if there is corn, it might make her more gassy.

Who is her breeder?_

_
    yeah there is corn 😕 hmm should I switch then? the gas isn't so bad today, it was a few days ago, but not so much she's not eating the whole bowl like she used to
    so I should split the 1 cup into 3rds for her 3 feeding times then?

her breeder is a lady named Sandy who lives about an hour north of me in New Port Richy, she has bread the mom and dad three times so far and I got to play with them they are really sweet dogs! I hope Bindi is just like her dad ❤ he's so well crate trained

she gave me a paper with the breeding line too, it goes back three generations

~Kat_

Suggested Topics