Skip to content

Black chow sights a basenji!

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • basenji sighting!

    Basenji Talk
    2
    1 Votes
    2 Posts
    26k Views
    SavingS
    Nice, they are about in a few different adverts, I spot them every now and again.
  • Basenji for me or not ?

    Moved Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    8k Views
    ZandeZ
    @planetsaver said in Basenji for me or not ?: Will be a problem to leave him alone, let's say 10 days / month an average of 9 hours a day. Also I do not want to have to much trouble with the neighbours, but I understand he can make some noise sometimes, maybe he can be trained to stay alone and not to bark that much. Why would you even think about training a hunting hound to stay home alone ? I would never let my Basenjis alone for more than 4 hours, and even that is very rare. 3 hours is absolute maximum. Like @tanza, I have sold puppies into apartment environments as long as all other boxes ticked positive. Someone there all the time, proper attention to training, not just leaving the dog alone, especially not as a puppy. btw, he won't bark at all. As you would know if you had really researched the breed. He will cry and scream but not bark ! No. At least you are asking questions but I really think you should find another breed.
  • My Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    6k Views
    krunzerK
    ….is a wingnut, but can spot a squirrel a mile away.
  • Is this a Basenji??

    Basenji Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    18k Views
    G
    My Basenji Billy is quite undershot; he's a purebred, his bottom jaw just didn't stop growing when it was supposed to. That's okay, I'm a bit of a sucker for a dog with an underbite anyway.:) He was my first rescue Basenji.
  • Basenji sighting? (circa 1939)

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    6k Views
    suzeeS
    I don't think it's a Basenji or even a mix.. only because according to AKC the first litter of Basenji puppies raised to maturity was in 1941, so it was a very new breed to our country at that time! It's a very cute dog regardless!! I can see where it can be mistaken for a Basenji mix with those adorable ears! I would love to see these pictures enhanced/in color. Very interesting find! =)
  • Rescue Basenji sighting

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    11k Views
    thunderbird8588T
    @DebraDownSouth: By original, do you mean the breeders or are they the ones who turned her over to rescue? Glad she is in a loving home! Debra, it is Lolly's original owner who was concerned for her, for some reason she had to give her up, the second owner put her with the dogs trust instead of giving her back. Lolly came originaly from a petshop :eek: I have now on request from Lolly's new owner been able to put them in touch with each other so that information can be shared. Lolly seems as if she's got a super new home.