Skip to content

Our first yodel

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • A day of firsts…

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    P
    Fran, are you sure she wasn't a Basenji in disguise!!!!!
  • Baby yodels

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    thunderbird8588T
    @renaultf1: Honestly, there is nothing cuter than baby yodels!! It is great that Malaika yodels. When Liyah was a pup, if the adults wouldn't play with her, she would bring stuffed animals to her reflection in the stereo cabinet and then would dance around and yodel to her reflection to try to get her to play :D:D. Liyah is the big talker of my 3 - when she wants Brando to play, she will pet him on his head and start talking to him - very comical! :D:D Oh, and we call Brando and Liyah the lovebirds because they are so enthralled with each other! That's so nice :)
  • First trip to the water

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    wizardW
    That's funny. The other day I took EL D to the city park nearby and there's a couple of ponds. EL D was chasing after the frogs along the shore when we came to an area with less shore weeds. He went right around the weeds to get to the frogs as they came out the other side – yes you guessed it, he didn't realize the water was there (really shallow only a few inches). For just a few seconds he was still keyed on the frogs and didn't realized he was in the water. Then it was just like Colbey's reaction - OMG!
  • Basenji yodel

    Basenji Talk
    29
    0 Votes
    29 Posts
    25k Views
    BittysDadB
    Oh to have a silent Basenji. Our Bitty has, unfortunately, learned that the loudest dog gets fed first, and yips and yodels from the instant I move toward the garage door (where we have to keep their food) until I put her dinner before her. Her other loud period is every evening when my wife comes in the door from work, all 3 of the puppers flock to her and vocally announce 'momma's home' at the top of their lungs. It must be wonderful to be so loved, ha ha.
  • Yodeling

    Basenji Talk
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    8k Views
    rnastoR
    I Yodel at Indi and he yodels back. Usually its right before or during a game of tag. My suggestion would be to get him all worked up playing and then do it.
  • My First Scare

    Basenji Talk
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    16k Views
    red and white fureverR
    ROFL ROFL LOL LOL LOL LOL…this is the FUNNIEST story I've ever heard in my life!!! LOL LOL :) Hahaha! I must say that Storm was quite disappointed to see that my "treasure" was a twig - I think he was hoping for a squirrel or a bunny or something a little more animated! ;) :) :D And my neighbors are NOT dog people, sooooo you know darn well they think I ought to be in a straight jacket! :)