Skip to content

Training basenjis

Basenji Training

Suggested Topics

  • Crate Training 8 week old Basenji

    Basenji Training
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • Train basenji pup not to go on couch?

    Basenji Training
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    13k Views
    S
    Where do you put the vicks?
  • 0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    avdpierreA
    I posted pics/comments on the new girls on this link….http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?13139-KS-Wichita-Eureka-Free-Bs-2-M-1-Yr-Old-amp-1-F-1-Yr-Old-amp-1-F-7-Yr-Old-On-Craigslist#post156254
  • New Basenji and Potty Training

    Basenji Training
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    10k Views
    S
    Yes, my girl was well socialized. It's not that my voice is so startling to her. It's more that she doesn't like to be scolded and will find a way in the not too distant future to repay me with her opinion. Since I learned a while ago to not do this, I haven't suffered her wrath in some time but when I did it could be anything from finding she had peed or pooped just out of my sight to finding something I value that had just been totally shredded. I found that I could scold her reasonably for what she had done but then I needed to immediately reinforce my love for her so that she knew she didn't need to rebel against me. This has worked well for me. Shouting at her would always reap me a grim reward in the end.
  • Show Training

    Basenji Training
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    tanzaT
    Have you tried to contact anyone in the Tucson Kennel Club? http://www.azdogs.com/tkc/ They don't have much of a website, but do have email addys for the President and Secretary. There are likely other kennel clubs in the area also
  • Basenji slave in need of potty training help

    Basenji Training
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    10k Views
    nomrbddgsN
    I do hope she losses interest. My B girl Sugar climbs. X-pens are definitely out unless they have a lid, and then she'll scream. I can block the kitchen off with baby gates if I have visitors but not from her-she'll hop right over from a sit. She has climbed the fence to get at a squirrel, but since I watch her I got to her before she got over. I'm just waiting for the tree climbing to start!