• Welcome Gracies mommy and of course Gracie. As everyone has already said you are welcome here whether you have a Basenji , a Basenji cross or indeed no Basenji.
    Thank you for sharing your great story with us and thank goodness there are people like you in the world, Gracie has landed on her feet.
    She's a gorgeous looking Dog, i too can see Chihuahua and corgi in her, i know it sounds odd but her backend sticking out of the snow reminded me of a corgi.
    Can you tell us more about her traits and vocalisations?

• @thunderbird8588:

Welcome Gracies mommy and of course Gracie. As everyone has already said you are welcome here whether you have a Basenji , a Basenji cross or indeed no Basenji.
    Thank you for sharing your great story with us and thank goodness there are people like you in the world, Gracie has landed on her feet.
    She's a gorgeous looking Dog, i too can see Chihuahua and corgi in her, i know it sounds odd but her backend sticking out of the snow reminded me of a corgi.
    Can you tell us more about her traits and vocalisations?

Thanks for the welcome Thunderbird8588! I can definitely see what you mean about her back-end! 🙂 My Aunt has Corgis and I also entertained that thought. It's strange that she would have such long legs, though. She's OBVIOUSLY a Heinz 57! 🙂 As far as her vocalizations go; she is always trying to carry on a conversation! She makes noises like she is "talking". Its hard to describe. She will look someone right in the eye and grumble and tilt her head from side to side like she is telling them something. Then she'll stop and the person she is "talking" to usually talks back! It's funny to watch! She must know what she's trying to say! 😉 She likes to howl like my own little baby wolf, too! Of course, it doesn't sound as good.
    She rubs her face (over her eyes and down her nose) with her paws alot, too. I think she learned that from the cat, if that's possible! I've never seen a dog do that. She does it alot. It looks like she's trying to be cute. At first I checked her eyes all the time to make sure she didn't have hair or anything in them. Sounds like she's turning out to be a Corgi, Shepherd, Chihuahua mix! Wait'll I tell my vet! HAHA! 🙂 Thanks for all your input! I apreciate it.

• Just to complicate matters as you will no doubt know Basenjis don't bark but they do make lots of vocalisations, including wines,yodels,barrooos.
    They also tend to wash their faces with their paws as you describe Gracie doing 😉

• I loved your story and it sure looks like Gracie has the best in love and home. My daughter and I both looked at all your pictures twice and both say the same Gracie looks to us like she has Shiba in her. We have had ours for almost 11 years the size the white on feet, ears just lots of things. The paw thing over the eyes our Shiba has done since day we got her just like a cat. The shiba acts very much like cat. No matter who or what she is pretty.

Rita Jean

• @Rita:

I loved your story and it sure looks like Gracie has the best in love and home. My daughter and I both looked at all your pictures twice and both say the same Gracie looks to us like she has Shiba in her. We have had ours for almost 11 years the size the white on feet, ears just lots of things. The paw thing over the eyes our Shiba has done since day we got her just like a cat. The shiba acts very much like cat. No matter who or what she is pretty.

Rita Jean

Thanks for taking the time to look at her pics…and for the input! I am going to do a little research on Shibas. I have seen photos, but I think that's about all. Gracie does act a lot like the cat! Here, I just thought she was emulating her.
    I also want to say to Thunderbird, THANKS for giving me a better description of the noises Gracie makes! She definitely yodels. That is a perfect way to describe it. But…unlike Basenjis, she does bark. Not a lot, but she does it. She almost always follows a bark up with a yodel. Funny little creature! I have only owned one other dog--a ****apoo, for about 13 years. This dog is NOTHING like that one! 🙂

• hello and welcome to the forum :).
    I like your story. Gracie is cute, but I don't see a Basenji in her. For me she looks like spitz mix.

• Our Shiba is a Seasame but if look you will see white, one looks some what like a tri and then there is the red. The red ones are to die for usually. Spice's mother was a red but dad was tri sort of look how we got our seasame. Look them up they are really cool dog.

Rita Jean

• I think its wonderful you opened your home and heart to this little pup in need.
    She is a very pretty girl.

• Houston

Welcome Gracie and her mom..she looks to be adorable..I would have no idea what Gracie is, but she sure looks to be one happy dog. Either way, stay onboard and share you funny antics with us..your story about how you found her or should I say how she found you, is the best..

• Welcome Gracie's Mom and Gracie too! I don't see a B mix either. But she is very cute.

Suggested Topics