Mirtillo and Lycia in the snow

• @Kingsley1230:

Do you have them tied up to really really long leads or is someone holding those long leads?

There is 30 meter leash between them. In this forrest there are a lot of foxes, deers etc and dogs are not allowed to walk off leash.. So we mostly hold the leash.. Especially now with this cold… Don't want one of the pups to go missing for a night.. And Lycia keeps trying to get on the ice.. So I don't want her off leash near water/ice.. When spring is back, they'll get more freedom again.. πŸ˜ƒ

• oh ok, kool. Just wondering, I would love to get something like that for Lilu when I bring her to the 4H to play with my moms dog.

• I use a 25 foot(7.5m) retractable Flexi lead on AJ that was made for a 110 lb (50kg) dog. It gives him enough room to run a little but I still retain control.

• I think I have a 5m that i use for lilu when i take her out to go potty but i usually use a shorter lead when walking her around, but like i said i would love something bigger to use at the 4H. Thanks guys!

• Lovely to see your dogs playing in the snow! Our dogs are flaked out in the shade over here in sunny Australia.

• @AJs:

I use a 25 foot(7.5m) retractable Flexi lead on AJ that was made for a 110 lb (50kg) dog. It gives him enough room to run a little but I still retain control.

We use 8 meter flexis on our normal walks. I only use a short leash for obedience, agility and when I take Tillo on a bike ride. I also like the fact that it gives them some space to run, play and sniff around.. Although as soon as I have them off leash or on a 30 m leash I notice 8 m isn't by far enough space for a B to loose all his energy πŸ˜‰ But it's better then getting hit by a car, so they'll have to live with it πŸ™‚

• @Flash:

Lovely to see your dogs playing in the snow! Our dogs are flaked out in the shade over here in sunny Australia.

Lovely pics, and I do have a huge case of 'snow envy', at the moment πŸ˜ƒ

I can fully relate to that Flash…

Even down here in Tassie, its been warm enough for them not to have to wear coats, even overnight πŸ™‚

• "snow envy" - LOL!
    I'd send you some if I could, I hate shoveling.

• @Janneke:

Tillo hates that and it looks like he's wearing a thong.. πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜‰

Yeees - same on Zuri πŸ˜ƒ It looks … strange :rolleyes: But I get used to it.
    The winter coat always goes over her tail and I don't like that. Thinking the wind will move under. So I fix it. The rain coat is thinner and doesn't move.
    On Thabo, it doesn't look like a thong so much. He has more muscles than Zuri and nothing can go "into" his skin.

You can buy a green one??? :eek:
    We only have brown, black and red.
    But someone told me, that the brown looks very green πŸ˜ƒ

• @Elysium:

Yeees - same on Zuri πŸ˜ƒ It looks … strange :rolleyes: But I get used to it.
    The winter coat always goes over her tail and I don't like that. Thinking the wind will move under. So I fix it. The rain coat is thinner and doesn't move.
    On Thabo, it doesn't look like a thong so much. He has more muscles than Zuri and nothing can go "into" his skin.

You can buy a green one??? :eek:
    We only have brown, black and red.
    But someone told me, that the brown looks very green πŸ˜ƒ

Tillo doesn't like it when his tail is on top of the coat.. don't know why that is.. πŸ˜‰

I just search on the site where I bought it… it's brown.. πŸ˜• πŸ˜ƒ It looks green to me πŸ˜‰ (doesn't it look green on the pics?)

I was thinking about buying the human rain coat, so Tillo and I can walk in style.. gg.. but it's way too expensive 😞

Suggested Topics